Who would have won? Prime Johnny Hendricks or current Khabib

Paramount

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I think Johnny Hendricks had insane punching power, and he was very familiar with wrestling, pretty stout, hard for a guy like Khabib to just dominate someone like that. I think it would be a good fight.

Who do you think would win?

Hendricks. Bigger,stronger, hits harder and is superior everywhere other than pure grappling. Khabib can’t take him down(could get taken down Himself) and won’t survive on the feet more than 2rds.

I think Johnny Hendricks had insane punching power, and he was very familiar with wrestling, pretty stout, hard for a guy like Khabib to just dominate someone like that. I think it would be a good fight.

Prime Johny was a WW. Prime Khabib is a LW. Prime 70% Johny arguably beat GSP.

Hendricks easily IMHO. Khabib hasn't faced an elite wrestler before, has not competed at 170, and would be at a significant disadvantage standing. The myth of Khabib's "iron chin" (which may or may not be true but is certainly not proven yet) would be tested in a big way and IMO, it would not pass. Hendricks via TKO

Hendricks, right at the time of the GSP fight would dominate Khabib. Huge, strong as a bull, 2x NCAA division 1 champion wrestler at 165, hit like a sledgehammer.

Hendricks was to big and strong for Khabib to impose his will, Hendricks would have the advantage for sure.

Back