Who would have thought...

I think of fighters outside the UFC much like soccer/football players outside the Premier League or basketball players outside the NBA. Are there a number outside the top organizations who could hang and maybe even excel? Yes. But the ratio of top fighters in the UFC compared with any other organization is what matters.

I dont understand this thread...

Most of the best fighters will eventually find their way into the UFC.

Hardly anyone starts their career in the UFC. Just about every fighter comes from some other org, whether it was a big one or obscure one. I understand that some guys shit on Strikeforce and WEC, but I think most people knew that the top guys of both orgs would at least be competitive with the best guys in the UFC.

So you're saying that guys who train Strikeforce and WEC can beat up guys who train UFC? I might have to switch gyms...

That's the zuffa hype machine for you, there's always going to be fighters who aren't in the UFC that are top 10 material. Anyone who thinks Michael Chandler couldn't hang or win against the top fighters at 155 are morons.

I've never heard anyone deny that Chandler is a bona fide Top 10.

The UFC does have the most talent in its ranks by far and it has always been this way with few exceptions. With the WEC it was really a matter of excepting the smaller weight classes. Strikeforce was much like Belator, they had several good fighters but could never hold a candle to the depth of the UFC. Pride was the only real organization that bested the UFC and the UFC bought them. As you all know the UFC also bought the WEC and Strikeforce, which i interpret as the most sincere acknowledgment of value you could ask for. The UFC does everything in its power to acquire the best talent but its impossible to get every single one. Regardless of the caliber of fighter they are trying to promote theyre always going to hype him/her up because it would be completely fking stupid not to. If you ask me all this discussion boils down to are MMA nazis who think the UFC is inferior just by virtue of it being the most popular organization. Hipsters, ego-strokers and name-droppers who chastize the organzation that built this sport and pat themselves on the back raw for knowing every obscure MMA fighter who ever had a 3 fight winning streak.

WEC had a great LW division anyway.....

pettis, bendo and cowboy

I think of fighters outside the UFC much like soccer/football players outside the Premier League or basketball players outside the NBA. Are there a number outside the top organizations who could hang and maybe even excel? Yes. But the ratio of top fighters in the UFC compared with any other organization is what matters.

I dont understand this thread...

Um, the difference is - there is no other MMA organization with the talent to match the UFC at the current time. It's debatable the the top talent is in the Prem - as the top two players in the game are in La Liga, you've got Serie A, the Bundes etc. So yeah, terrible fucking comparison.

We knew all along the quality of fighters in WEC. It was just a matter of would UFC add the lighter weight classes. Strikeforce had some quality guys also so none of this is a shocking. There is talent all over outside of the UFC some will end up with them and some will not.

That's retconned history. How well WEC fighters would do in the UFC was a highly debated topic. Plenty of people thought the guys who crossed over would get destroyed. This goes double for Strikeforce.

Back