Who would have thought (gifs)

scottthehero

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
That 2 of the heavyweights coming from strikeforce would be the 2 most threatening to the title even with such a beast of a champion?
And both have serious accolades (just in case anyone forgot)
Daniel Cormier 10-0
Undefeated
Strikeforce hw Grand Prix champ / win over Josh Barnett, Bigfoot, and Jeff Monson
Won titles in smaller orgs in his first handful of fights
Freestyle wrestling medalist and has shown good translation into his mma game as well as an impressive striking game

Prolly the best hw to come from strikeforce the only thing is is his battle worn body and age but otherwise a beast and definately threat to the hw or lhw titles
BlackBeltClub-Strikeforce-Heavyweight-Grand-Prix-Josh-Barnett-vs-Daniel-Cormier-Fight-GIF-Punch.gif

BlackBeltClub-Strikeforce-Heavyweight-Grand-Prix-Josh-Barnett-vs-Daniel-Cormier-Fight-GIF-Slam.gif

Alistair Overeem 36-11
Strikeforce Hw Champ
Dream Hw Champ / with win over current ufc hw Todd Duffee
K-1 Grand Prix Championship / with wins over Ben Edwards, Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, and Peter Aerts all in one night
Nasty striking with an underrated submission and wrestling game a truly seasoned vet

I think he was a bigger threat to Jds than Cain but is still a very dangerous opponent for anyone on the planet

Overeem-kicks-little-girl.gif

With all of the talent merging over from other weight classes as well this is going to be a very interesting year. I wonder what the rankings would look like same day next year damn!

Overeem is already in the UFC.

Well I'm not sold on overeem either but with his accolades I won't sleep on him either
That whole quitting factor that he had in pride still weighs heavy

And who knows what could happen but he's the biggest threat to cains title all bs aside
More so than to bones title because no one knows how hell handle the cut

So yeah there's s lot of hindsight about the 2 but that doesn't change much in terms to their respective skills but that's my opinion

Uh... Daniel won't fight Cain. Overeem is overrated.

i don't think Reem is overrated but i do think Cain is the worst matchup for him stylistically. If Reem can get past Cain the HW divison is his...for a long time too.

A lot of people have thought Overeem is the top HW in the world for a long time now, plus most people thought StrikeForce had a stronger HW division anyway.

Well I'm not sold on overeem either but with his accolades I won't sleep on him either
That whole quitting factor that he had in pride still weighs heavy

And who knows what could happen but he's the biggest threat to cains title all bs aside
More so than to bones title because no one knows how hell handle the cut

So yeah there's s lot of hindsight about the 2 but that doesn't change much in terms to their respective skills but that's my opinion

Who said that Overeem was considering dropping back down to LHW?

A lot of people have thought Overeem is the top HW in the world for a long time now, plus most people thought StrikeForce had a stronger HW division anyway.

Well everyone who knew about strikeforce that is
Now we got heavyweights who haven't seen the kind of exposure the ufc fighters get coming in and most likely sweeping the division it's gonna be awesome they better bring o er the war master too

Who would have thought? I dunno. Everyone who actually paid attention to the sport outside of the UFC... SF had the superior HW division for a while.

dana said cormier was going to fight jbj if jbj can get past sonnen.

don't know why but he seemed really set on it.

dana said cormier was going to fight jbj if jbj can get past sonnen.

don't know why but he seemed really set on it.

That's interesting all depends on that weight cut tho
If he comes in healthy I don't think jones will touch Cormier
But I'm a shogun fan

not that it matters but the first fight of the k1 GP happen on a different day

Cormier is more of a threat than OVereem.

Overeem is a one-trick pony

Back