Who would be the "Ultimate Phone Booth Fighting" Champion

Phonebooth fighting is dirty boxing, clinch, elbows and knees and a lack of fighting at range with full punches and kicks. When has Ngannou used those skills to get a win? I'm not sure why just because a guy hits hard at full extension means he is a good fighter in close. Can you explain?
Because if you're literally in a phone booth, I see no way to beat Ngannou, and he'll still be hitting hard even with limited range of movement

Because if you're literally in a phone booth, I see no way to beat Ngannou, and he'll still be hitting hard even with limited range of movement
How do you know that though? He hits guys from striking range in the pocket. Clinch range is much closer and an entirely different style of fighting. Randy made an entire career out of bullying larger and stronger fighters with superior technique from the clinch. Generally speaking it's the stocky fighter that will have a natural power advantage in the clinch.

That is an underrated fight. People just look at gabes entire record and forget the context. He had just gotten the biggest win of his career against Crocop and was at the peak of his abilities. A LOT of people thought ole Randy was going home in a body bag. But he beat Gonzaga up, broke him, and made him quit.

This is sorta random, but I can’t help but point out the extreme similarities in this situation with Shane Mosley vs. Antonio Margarito

This is sorta random, but I can’t help but point out the extreme similarities in this situation with Shane Mosley vs. Antonio Margarito
I'm not that big of a boxing guy knowledge wise so I haven't seen that one. Might have to check it out tho, I do enjoy boxing. How did that fight play out?

Diego Corrales and Jose Luis Castillo have jointly held the PBF Championship since May 7, 2005.

Mark Hunt, iron chin and crazy power with short arms.
Hunt vs Carwin would decide it.
Carwin also has iron chin and crazy power. His arms may not be short, but his hooks are...

1. Houston Alexander
2. Chris Leben
3. Randy Couture
4. Nate Diaz
5. Artem Lobov

You’d have to go with a HW like Carwin or Ngannou

Despite his massive size I still like carwin here because he could generate so much power with limited distance. Super short punch against gabe, and demolished mir in the clinch. Nobody wanted to clinch with him after that.

So then is the idea to put small guys on the list who would get beat by heavyweights in a phone booth?

It’s the guys who’s style is or does well ‘fighting in a phone booth’

a powerful guy with a good chin and short arms or good elbows
artem-lobov-ufc-fight-night-118-ceremonial-weigh-ins-1000x.jpg

Back