Who would be hyped for Dodson vs Benavidez if Joe loses to Mighty Mouse?

incaviking**

White Belt
Reaction score
This is literally a dream fight at FW and I actually see it happening in the very near future. Yes Benavidez is on a roll, however I think Mighty Mouse is going to beat him in their rematch due to being far more technical and intelligent than Joe, which means that Benevidez will need a fight to get back on top. Originally I was thinking that if Mighty Mouse beats Benavidez then hed get Dodson straight away, but I think the UFC have more to gain if they give Dodson one more fight before a title shot, and what better than to pair him against Benavidez. Style wise that is a dream match up, two of the heaviest hitters at FW going at it.

I personally think Dodson hits harder than Benavidez and would beat him in a bout due to being more athletic and the faster fighter. I would actually pick Dodson to win by KO, thats how much I rate him.

In the meantime, I see John Lineker getting the next FW title shot after Mighty Mouse vs Benavidez if he beats Phil Harris which imo is a given.

So what do you think guys about this future bout and who do you have and how?

Benavidez wins imo, more skilled

Benavidez wins imo, more skilled

Hmmm maybe on the mat, however Dodson is on another level athleticism wise and he is clearly the faster striker and I think him and lineker are the hardest punchers at FW with Benavidez just behind. Would be a cracking fight though.

Always hyped when those two are fighting. Would be interesting to see. After that fight with MM, I want to see how Benavidez handles a guy who may be faster than him. Does he go back to reaching and leaving his feet behind him like he did against MM or has Bang taught him to cut guys off? Over committing against Dodson is recipe for a KO.

I'd be more hyped for Dodson vs. Benavidez if Joe BEATS Johnson.

Back