Who would be down with a 2-3 month "off season?"

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by Amerikuracana, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

I don't think there has to be that much lost profits. They could have nxt shows on in the regular shows place, and/or some other original programming.

2. Emang8

Emang8 Green Belt

Yeah but you need the WWE network to get NXT right? A significant portion of the casual audience doesn’t subscribe to the network and also it’s just NXT. Save for the more serious fans a lot of people don’t watch NXT. Sponsors revenue would be lost and ticket sales would be non existent. Also merchandise sales would be affected, casuals that go to the shows typically buy their shirts and belts at the arena.

Amerikuracana likes this.
  3. Amerikuracana

Sometimes only shooting for short term profits doesn't work long-term. If it would help the product, which I think it would, it would be good. Take nxt off the network and put it in the networks for the 10 weeks.. Or 7 of the 10 weeks, with the other 3 weeks being surprise ppvs and memorable shows from the past played in their entirety.. Including Benoit. Sad as it may be, a raw with beniot probably gets higher ratings than what they are doing now.

If I worked for wwe, I could help to manage this.

4. Goatenstein

Goatenstein Brown Belt

It is idiotic to think 2-3 months off would in any way improve the quality of the shitty writing.

5. Cold187um

Cold187um Orange Belt

With the product they put on people wouldn't even bother tuning back in if they took a month off. What exactly do the writers write? Wrestler A wants Wrestler Bs belt because why? And then they make us watch them 6-7 weeks straight of matches with no angles that build nowhere then put the same match on the ppv.

6. Amerikuracana

That's now.

Maybe they could get creative.

7. SocraticMethod

SocraticMethod Kingmaker

Ignoring any other possible issues (primarily the networks objecting), I think creatively it could be a big help. TV shows are generally written with a season story arc in mind. Movies are written with an ending in mind. With WWE, individual storylines end, but then there's another 5 hours of live TV the next week, so everything just has to keep on churning forward. A break could give the writers a direct focus, knowing they have X number of weeks/shows to get to the climaxes that they need or cliffhangers that they want to leave until the next season. Then they'd get 2-3 months to review what worked well, what didn't, and plan out the first quarter of the coming season.

Amerikuracana likes this.
  8. Amerikuracana

Absolutely. It would give them time to write contingencies as well.