Who would be down with a 2-3 month "off season?"

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
I think it would be fantastic. Here's 10 reasons-------

1. The writers could write better stories, with better contingencies when injuries occur..

2. The wrestlers could avoid a bit of burn out, and recharge, and have a period of normal life.

3. Minor surgeries could be scheduled around the break.

4. Guys/girls could off-cycle.

5. A couple chosen wrestlers could get a show for the break; while others could do movies or wtevr.

6. Fans could get hungry for the product/there could be big cliff hangers with time for fans to get hyped.

7. In the 10 week off-season, they could replay some of the better attitude era shows, and even old ppvs.. Which would just be cool, and would be a sort of commercial for the network.

8. The guys could take acting classes, and flesh out characters they are going to use for the upcoming year.

9. Some great promos and bits could be filmed ahead of time, and done right.

10. New talent could be scouted more thoroughly.

It just looks on the surface like the show has almost run over itself. The writing can't catch up. I would be a great writer, but I don't think I could do anywhere near the best having to just throw stuff together every week. They need better outlines ahead of time.

Anybody else think this would benefit the product? All other sports have one; and it sure as hell doesn't kill the interest. Kind of the opposite

best time would be after WM. they could shut down for 2-3 months or at least rotate the roster and give some guys time off; then build it back up again from July to March.

tenor.gif

best time would be after WM. they could shut down for 2-3 months or at least rotate the roster and give some guys time off; then build it back up again from July to March.
I agree with rotating roster.

Give about a month to settle all WM affairs, and then 10 weeks off, and then come back with MITB as the first ppv a couple weeks in.

pretty mych everyone would be in favour except Vince. I'd also imagine it would be an issue with their television deals.

but yeah..i mean they could use the time slot for NXT to familiarize casuals/those without the Network with the NXT talent

I mean, it basically happens between the PPV after Mania and Summerslam.

Rather than have an official off season, they should do better about rotating talent and storylines.

In the early seasons of GoT you didn't get every character every episode, or even every damn season.

We don't need both Seth and Ronda each week, both Becky and DBry each week.

Rather than have an official off season, they should do better about rotating talent and storylines.

In the early seasons of GoT you didn't get every character every episode, or even every damn season.

so, like LU?

pretty mych everyone would be in favour except Vince. I'd also imagine it would be an issue with their television deals.

but yeah..i mean they could use the time slot for NXT to familiarize casuals/those without the Network with the NXT talent
Well the lowered ratings and lowered overall interest are going to be bigger issues with t.v. deals in the near future. I considered that already.. At this point I think a few NXT shows (they should have like a 4-6 week off-season) and edited for time attitude era ppvs would pull similar ratings to what they are getting now for a few weeks anyways.

I mean, it basically happens between the PPV after Mania and Summerslam.
But not really.. Seth freakin Rollins will still be there whitening his career week after week in that time etc... Brock gets off, but who gives a shit about what he does anymore.

Well the lowered ratings and lowered overall interest are going to be bigger issues with t.v. deals in the near future. I considered that already.. At this point I think a few NXT shows (they should have like a 4-6 week off-season) and edited for time attitude era ppvs would pull similar ratings to what they are getting now for a few weeks anyways.

i dont disagree. i just think it is such a long shot. Same thing with Raw being 3 hours. its because contractual agreements. It would be a much better product if it was a tight 2 hours

The competition will be all for that as they try scoop up everyone who are used to watching pro wrestling every week at the same time.

The competition will be all for that as they try scoop up everyone who are used to watching pro wrestling every week at the same time.

Another "war" is needed. I don't think there's enough interest to make it happen, however. Dude, nobody is going to gaf about AEW on any large scale. Would be good for everybody of there was.

so, like LU?

Came here to say this. I really look forward to the next lucha underground season every time. The time off is good imo but like an earlier poster stated it's the network tvs

funny you mention this OP. I was thinking about it a couple weeks ago. I think it's a really good idea for the fans and performers. the wrestlers get to heal up some persistent injuries and the fans get to cool down for a bit and come back with a renewed vigor. It would never happen though too many millions of dollars lost in profits.

I already do it. After WM I follow somewhat until SS. After that football season starts and I don’t start watching until the RR. Hi sherbros.

That off-season would be a great way to miss out on money.

6Xe9LFt.gif

They could try and find their smile during those three months

losthissmile.jpg

Agreed. esp now with all the forms of media,talent can stay in the spotlight without having to be at the matches.

Back