Who Won The Trash Talk? (Jones v. Cormier)

Funny shit. Jones wins no question. I don't think DC understands what trash-talk is really supposed to be.

"touch me, fucking touch me." - DC

Sounds like Cormier is more into dirty talk to me...

"athletes get very close in the faceoff, our heads touched, our nose rubbed together, it's a very intimate, very passionate moment for a lot of fighters. I've never actually had another fighter put his hands on me by squeezing..." - Jones

35xyux.jpg

DC will win this poll simply based off of peoples dislike for Jones lol.

Jones won and he's going to win on Sat too

But nothing beats Rampage and Rashad though

[YT]/watch?v=Nj_Bjmp9edQ[/YT]

Jones seems much more hot and bothered about Cormier than anybody else in his career and plenty of guys have said outright awful things about him.

Definitely Cormier. The entire build up to this fight it has felt like Jones is the younger brother trying to validate his "lion" status or whatever it was that he said. This is the most rattled I can remember seeing Jones. That doesn't mean he won't win the fight, but he definitely has seemed the loser in the pre fight trash talk. Will that affect him in the cage? Probably not, but you never know.

Jones

DC he calls him by his full name. "no you wont Jon Jones"

Even patrick cummings only got pat

Askren won, since he told DC that Mat Riddle got 1st and Jones got 3rd in a wrestling tournament.

It really depends on whether your are mentally 16 or under or if you are an adult.

If the latter is true DC, if you're an adult whose balls have yet to drop Askren.

I know most of Sherdog is blinded by hatred, but you can't say "do you think I'm just gonna stand here and let you kill me, Jon Jones" and win at trash talking, sorry.

as opposed to 'i will literally kill you'? such epic genius by jones, never been said before by anyone to be sure :rolleyes:

DC will win this poll simply based off of peoples dislike for Jones lol.

when the UFC does public polling for their video game cover, and the guy who wins biggest achievement is giving jones some fat lips...well, that pretty much tells you what the public thinks of JBJ. face it, jones is a douche. the world agrees.

This shows the who will win thread is biased Cormier is on the receiving end of basically all the trash talk Ben ask ten should be in second even he's better at it than DC and I can't stand askren

IMO Cormier has seemed angrier with what Jones has said about him than vice versa, Jones has won the battle of the trash.

Jones sounded like an upset highschool girl, DC seemed to be truthing.

From a psychological stand point, Jones, because he just says things, and leaves it at that.

DC is more of the type to either qualify his trash talk, or explain it in depth, instead of just saying it. More a testament to how eloquent DC is, but still, in the old school game of trash talk, I'd say Jones has the upper hand.

And like the previous poster said, "you think I'm just gonna let you kill me?" was kind of corny. You just say something like, "Try it, bitch, I'd fucking break your neck", or something like that.

Either way, we all know DC can be a bit of a cornball. His trash talk has no basis on how badly he's gonna beat the breaks off of Bones. Jones is also a cornball, but he won this round.

Nah, Jones trash talk was weak. DC was saying things that were true— the truth hurts. Hence why Jones retaliated with high school level insults. " I'm gonna kill you!" wow....real creative. Bottom line is this: DC's insults cut to the bone, Jones insults resulted in mere flesh wounds, they lacked substance.

Neither would be good banter partners though.

Back