Who Wins These Match Ups and Why?

J

Julius_Caesar

All Kickboxing bouts. Please explain why with your answers:

A) Yodsanklai vs Giorgio Petrosyan at 70kg

B) Sittichai vs Jomthong at 65kg (Sittichai can make 65kg)

C) Jomthong vs Kaew Fairtex at 65kg

D) Giorgio Petrosyan vs Sittichai at 70kg

E) Yodsanklai vs Sittichai at 70kg

F) Jomthong at 67kg vs Giorgio Petrosyan at 70kg (Petrosyan bigger but he's not a big pressure fighter and I think Jomthong has the boxing and kicking ability to make it competitive)

Fantasy K1 bout: 2006 Prime Buakaw vs 2016 Sittichai/Yodsanklai/Petrosyan all at 70kg

i guess you want muay thai to change into kickboxing real bad or something

i guess you want muay thai to change into kickboxing real bad or something
Why do you think that? I love the concept of "best fighting the best". I picked these fighters based off who I feel are some of the best P4P kickboxers in the world today. Its not my thought if most of them happen to be from a MuayThai background. Come on you cant honestly say your not curious about some of these competitive match ups.

K-1 scoring assumed. My answers in green:

All Kickboxing bouts. Please explain why with your answers:

A) Yodsanklai vs Giorgio Petrosyan at 70kg

Hard to tell because Yod can be inconsistent, if he shows up on point I'd say 50/50.

B) Sittichai vs Jomthong at 65kg (Sittichai can make 65kg)

I know Sittichai used to fight at 67 and lower before that but are you sure he would be fine at 65 now? Jomthongs style would play to the rules more but Sittichai is a lot bigger than him. I'd say Sittichai takes a decision.

C) Jomthong vs Kaew Fairtex at 65kg

I gotta go with Kaew, he looked like an absolute beast in his last fight. Completely outclassed Minoru who is the next best guy in the division. I doubt anyone will beat him anytime soon.

D) Giorgio Petrosyan vs Sittichai at 70kg

Hard to say, but assuming Sittichai uses the same style he has been I see Petro using the scoring system to his advantage and getting the nod in a close fight.

E) Yodsanklai vs Sittichai at 70kg

Yod's inconsistency comes up again, but if he is on his game I think he wins it.

F) Jomthong at 67kg vs Giorgio Petrosyan at 70kg (Petrosyan bigger but he's not a big pressure fighter and I think Jomthong has the boxing and kicking ability to make it competitive)

Petro. Bigger and more experienced in the rules.

Fantasy K1 bout: 2006 Prime Buakaw vs 2016 Sittichai/Yodsanklai/Petrosyan all at 70kg

I'd favor prime Buakaw. He was more adapted to the scoring than Sittichai and Yod, and I'd pick him over Petro just based on how their fight went.

K-1 scoring assumed. My answers in green:
Your underrating Jomthong. This is kickboxing and Jomthong has better boxing skills then any of the others I mentioned. He has the perfect mix of boxing and mt skills that give him an evolutionary edge. With his experience and style kickboxing is perfect for him and I think he has the potential to outbox and beat any of the fighters I matched him up with if his heart is in it and comes in on point.

Last edited by a moderator:
captain america vs The hulk?
spiderman vs superman?
lion vs bear?

all under K-1 rules who wins?

spiderman vs superman?
lion vs bear?

I'd prefer Lion Fight rules:

Hulk via Spinning Elbow
Superman via Points
Lion via Overturned Decision

by the way, petro would make jomthong look silly. jomthong is very very skilled but so is petro and size matters. petro has made other thai fighters look silly in the past and he would win against jomthong as well.

unless you are talking about jomthong sitsongpeeonog of course, that would be totally different

Your underrating Jomthong. This is kickboxing and Jomthong has better boxing skills then any of the others I mentioned. He has the perfect mix of boxing and mt skills that give him an evolutionary edge. With his experience and style kickboxing is perfect for him and I think he has the potential to outbox and beat any of the fighters I matched him up with if his heart is in it and comes in on point.
I generally agree, but the key word is potential. I want him to at least beat the best KB guys his size before picking him as the favorite over top 5 70kg fighters.

Seems like this thread is a thinly veiled attempt at Jomthong fanboyism.

I like Jomthong as much as the next guy, i've even trained with him at Chuwattana, but he hardly fights K-1 rules. He's so much better at MT and boxing anyway.

And ultimately a fair bit smaller, a good big un should always beat a good little un :p

spiderman vs superman?
lion vs bear?

Giving your knowledge it would be nice to get an actual answer from you for once instead of all your sarcasm. I didnt really take you for a troll.

I like Jomthong as much as the next guy, i've even trained with him at Chuwattana, but he hardly fights K-1 rules. He's so much better at MT and boxing anyway.
It seems like every time I speak positively about a fighter somehow I am a fanboy. Last week it was Sittichai now its Jomthong just because I personally think people are underrating him.

no he's much more a sittichai fanboy

He's so much better at MT and boxing anyway.

I doubt that.

Jomthong is overrated in Muay Thai, and is good to go in kickboxing. Already beat Qiu Jianliang, who beat the brakes off of Mosab Amrani.

Jomthong is at best a B fighter in boxing. Wrecked when he fought someone really good.

I doubt that.

Jomthong is overrated in Muay Thai, and is good to go in kickboxing. Already beat Qiu Jianliang, who beat the brakes off of Mosab Amrani.

Jomthong is at best a B fighter in boxing. Wrecked when he fought someone really good.

jomthong got KOed by the man of the division,who holds the WBA for 6 consecutive wins and almost clean out the division,not the worst thing ever loss to uchiyama,considering he defeat some good names on super FW division like Kaneko and Nakama who are not joke.

i think he is pretty good,just need some adjustments,maybe he never took the hype on the sport like Uchiyama,but he is already good and can be better for sure

Back