Who wins the (makeshift) BW tournament?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
We have Cruz vs Garbrandt

TJ vs Lineker

and waiting in the wings Caraway vs Rivera

Assuming Cruz doesn't jump weight to get his shit pushed in by Jose, who wins this makeshift tournament

If Cruz remains at BW, TJ probably gets a shot with a win. Lineker might if he can prove he can make weight and wins impressively. If TJ loses to Lineker and the UFC doesn't trust Lineker Rivera/Caraway winner will be up next

Who stands as the BW champion at this time next year?

I get what you're saying, make TJ VS Lineker for the Interim BW championship.

Everybody gets an interim title!@!$$

Cruz or Rivera if he keeps improving IMO

I think Rivera is a live dog against Cruz
If he shuts down Caraway, I'd be excited to see him get a shitle tot

yup, guy is definitely the darkhorse of the division

TJ is the best BW fighter, Cruz is better at winning a decision though.

TJ is the best BW fighter, Cruz is better at winning a decision though.
I think TJ has a ways to go, despite being more athletic than Cruz dude is having serious trouble getting pop on his punches recently, hasn't learned to really walk guys into strikes. I think he could eventually be better than Cruz, but I think Dom out points him in a rematch. I agree though, I actually think he's the better more effective fighter in almost every phase of the game.

Cruz just has mastered the art of making it look like he's doing more than he actually is.

It's a very hard one to pick, but BW has become maybe my favourite division recently. We can add into that Sterling, Dodson and Almeida who all had a hiccup against top 6 fighters. Potentially mighty mouse moves up. We're blessed to finish the year this way!

Cruz is mentally strong but I think his body is gonna go on him for good soon. Ultimately I see dillashaw eventually regaining the strap. Not sure for how long.

Who cares who wins a 135 tournament? MMA fans lose.

MMA should really merge 125, 135, and 145 into a 140 division. The guys from 145 that can't make 140, should move up to 155... it's only 10 more pounds. It doesn't make sense to have weight classes spaced only 10 pounds apart. The UFC only added all these manlet divisions as a BS way to promote more title fights... the same reason that they're having a lot of interim title fights now.

Back