Who wins: Sergio Martinez or Miguel Cotto?

Fuck. I had Cotto by decision. Sergio could have lasted a few more rounds rather easily. Still, I can't argue with the decision to stop it. Good corner and I hope Sergio goes off into the sunset with no problems. He seems like a decent guy all things considered. I'm glad for Cotto.

I see this thread has evened out with people who voted after the fight

Seano made everyone their bitch. In this thread. I thought sergio was going to win but I figured at this stage martinez maybe had nothing left.

but I mentioned Martinez might not be good on the inside and everyone dismissed for the most part. and showed shitty examples...

if sergio had good knees he would have still beat martinez

Rico, your last sentence says if Martinez had good knees he'd beat Sergio. Edit.

roughly 2-1 in favor of Sergio I believe.

Not bad , though given Cotto looked good against a bigger opponent last fight and how bad Sergio has looked to go along with the surgeries seemed right on line.

What were the odds on fight night ?

In Australia Cotto was paying $2.85, Martinez was something like $1.60 I think.

I won just over $200. I was trying to find the tko/ko option but the TAB only had win/loss.

Not to brag but...

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/95814003-post57.html

Cotto via superior footwork, he'll get in and out when he wants and bust up martinez.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=95750191#post95750191

The more I think about this fight, the more I think the key difference will be footwork. Look at Martinez's last two opponents, Chavez and Murray, there were both essentially plodders. Cotto has some of the best footwork in the game (just look how easily he closed distance on Rodriguez in the last fight, or heck, just watch that video from this week of him hitting the heavy bag).

Martinez is fairly mobile, but his footwork can be a bit clumsy (and hes usually moving against physically bigger plodders, making him look even more mobile). Using his excellent jab and footwork, I think Cotto will be able to get in and out when he wants, and that will be the difference.

Rico, your last sentence says if Martinez had good knees he'd beat Sergio. Edit.

did it?? I'm not going to go back and edit but I meant to say cotto beats him not sergio.

it was a bad style matchup in the end

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back