Who wins: Sergio Martinez or Miguel Cotto?

I think this is a good example of what he will do if it goes in the inside:

and JCC jr is stronger than cotto

martinez_smothering_medium.gif

compliments of BadLeftHook

Show me some examples of him fighting inside. Thats nothing.

Damn Seano...

Well, really. The guy is going on and on about Cotto being a diva. STFU already.Every damn interview the guy has had, he's whining about the same thing. Then they're showing clips of him saying the same things about Paul Williams.

Maybe Cotto should put him up on his shoulders and parade him around while wearing a " Da Sex" Tshirt.

Sergio Martinez wins via unanimous decision.

Seano. It's ok, just sit down and have a cold one. Stop giving this the wrong reaction.

I think this is a good example of what he will do if it goes in the inside:

and JCC jr is stronger than cotto

martinez_smothering_medium.gif

compliments of BadLeftHook

Cotto is a very crafty infighter and Sergio has never really shown himself to be particularly adept on the inside. I expect a lot of holding and pushing from Sergio.

Seano. It's ok, just sit down and have a cold one. Stop giving this the wrong reaction.
I like to talk about fights. No one is forced to participate.

If you're being rustled by me then stop seano. I thought we could talk.

If you're being rustled by me then stop seano. I thought we could talk.

I have no problems. I ain't mad. I'm a boxing fan, I've made a pick, now I'm talking some shit. Thats what American sports fans do.

tumblr_mhxaj76Wx81ro8ysbo1_500.gif

Is Top Rank streaming the undercard? Should be starting soon.

Cotto should wear a "da sex" t shirt fwiw.

Martinez' legs are slowing and showing age last couple years but If it wasn't for the layoff and knee injury I would say Martinez easy. Cotto has no business anywhere near 160 but he always fights like a true warrior and I'm hoping it's an exciting fight from both. They are each near the end of great careers I just think size/strength advantage along with speed will go to Sergio and will be too much

Cotto has faced better fighters than Martinez.
Martinez has never faced a better fighter than Cotto.
Add in the Martinez injury and his slowing down vs Cotto re-energized with Roach in his corner...
All that has me thinking Cotto at this moment in time.

Add in the Martinez injury and his slowing down vs Cotto re-energized with Roach in his corner...

Cottos lost to the better fighters though (May and Pac)

Sergio would have a better record than Cotto if he fought the same opponents(losing to Margs 14 years ago means nothing although it has been brought up in this discussion). Barker, Chavez, Williams, and Pavlik likely all beat Cotto if they fought.

You guys and your 100% Sergio....

If Cotto loses, I'm going to claim its only because he's less than 100% and not give Sergio one bit of credit.

How does it not make sense if this fight happened 2 years ago Sergio would be a 7 to 1 favorite, what else has happened to Sergio the past 2 years(mainly injuries and aging). Sure if Cotto wins he will get credit for a great win but itll have ppl trying to break down why he won. To think that Cotto comes in and TKO's Sergio in the mid-rds how else would most ppl think.

Sergio digs deep and picks Pavlik apart in the later rds to win in a very good fight and ppl say "Ohh he beat a drunk Pavlik" . So a clear cut victory from Cotto will no doubt bring ppl to think that Sergio was injured and if Sergio and his camp confirm this speculation then why should there be doubt that a Sergio we are use to seeing was not near the one that took a fight with Cotto.

Then ppl will say "Oh well why did Sergio take the fight", well likely because he thought he could beat Cotto at 70% which would cement his legacy and lets not forget this thing called money and exposure.

Back