Who wins: Sergio Martinez or Miguel Cotto?

If Martinez is 100%, I got Sergio via a brutal decision or late stoppage. I'm a fan of Cotto but I find it hard for him to win against a bigger, stronger, faster, fearless Martinez.

You guys and your 100% Sergio....

If Cotto loses, I'm going to claim its only because he's less than 100% and not give Sergio one bit of credit.

If Cotto loses, I'm going to claim its only because he's less than 100% and not give Sergio one bit of credit.

didn't you say numerous times that sergio's body is ravaged by injuries and that he's on a downslide ?

I picked Martinez earlier in the week in a close fight. But I'm getting the feeling that if Cotto pulls it off he won't get the credit he deserves from some. Martinez took the fight; if he's not 100% it's not Miguel's fault.

War Cotto.

didn't you say numerous times that sergio's body is ravaged by injuries and that he's on a downslide ?

It doesn't matter. If Sergio goes in the ring and gets beat up, he has no excuse. Cotto is a damn good fighter. I'm not sure what sort of Superman you think he is if you think Cotto only beat him if somethings wrong with him.

Cotto is the most skilled technician he's ever fought.

No he isn't, someone on dubs is I reckon.

Big fan of Cotto but I'm not sure... I think Martinez will take it but hopefully I am wrong.

Hopefully you're wrong? Behave sexy deserves this.

It would be awesome if Cotto crushed Martinez with a nice left hook to the body.

I'm not sure... I dont think martinez works good vs inside fighters depends what each has left this is a pickem

I'm not sure... I dont think martinez works good vs inside fighters depends what each has left this is a pickem

The thing is I don't think Cotto is Strong enough to and do damage and keep Martinez inside. Also Martinez is pretty good at keeping the fight off the the ropes and keeping his opponents at bay with his straight punches,

Martinez has no inside fighting skills.

I say its close going into around round 8 or 9, and then MArtinez completely dominates in the late round stopping him in the 10th 11th or 12th.

This has pretty much been my prediction for days, but I'm very nervous about it now, and seeing someone else post it I must say, it sounds kind of dumb.

:icon_lol:

No offense to you at all, bro. I'm just joking. It's straight what my prediction is in more than one thread, it's just that I can easily see Cotto winning this fight, so I'm not particularly confident.

And to be honest, I literally don't care who wins and hope we get a great fight. Both guys coming out looking good in a close, hard-fought bout and another big payday for both in a rematch? That would work for me.

Covering all my bases. No matter who wins, I'm like "see?".

No, I legit hope both show well tonight. Both are classy boxers, IMO. Good men of the sport.

Cotto via superior footwork, he'll get in and out when he wants and bust up martinez.

I'm watching this buildup show in dish, it looks like Sergio has never fought a guy who he thinks didn't disrespect him. What does this guy expect his opponents to do to please him I wonder?

I think this is a good example of what he will do if it goes in the inside:

and JCC jr is stronger than cotto

martinez_smothering_medium.gif

compliments of BadLeftHook

I'm watching this buildup show in dish, it looks like Sergio has never fought a guy who he thinks didn't disrespect him. What does this guy expect his opponents to do to please him I wonder?

Damn Seano...

Back