Who wins? Mendes vs. KZ

I agree.

Jung is too big and too strong to get pushed around by Mendes, even if he does get taken down I see him going for a bunch of subs and creating scrambles to get back to his feet.
Mendes is significantly stronger and faster, and has great wrestling. His stand up isn't too shabby either. Yahya couldn't submit mendes, why do people think kz can? And I'm a kz fan, but since when has kz been a knockout machine? And he's also known for taking punches, which could be a huge mistake against a heavy hitter like mendes. Mendes should be a pretty comfortable favorite should this fight happen

Mendes.

exciting fighter but i'm not quite on the KZ is a legit contender wagon.

Want: KZ to win
Foresee: KZ not winning

Unfortunately... :(

Mendes is significantly stronger and faster, and has great wrestling. His stand up isn't too shabby either. Yahya couldn't submit mendes, why do people think kz can? And I'm a kz fan, but since when has kz been a knockout machine? And he's also known for taking punches, which could be a huge mistake against a heavy hitter like mendes. Mendes should be a pretty comfortable favorite should this fight happen

Fail on many levels. not sure where to start honestly :icon_neut

Mark Hominick could beat KZ 8 times out of 10 in a rematch, and Dustin Poirier is ranked 10# FW in the world...... I'm a Korean so I'm obviously a fan of zombie but Mendes would probably laynpray on KZ to a decision

I have no idea who would win, but KZ needs a fight soon before his next fight succumbs to ring rust.

Mendes might seem better right now to many, but Zombie improves in every fight.

Mendes and KZ have sparred a lot at Alpha Male.

I will just say deducing from those sparring sessions it will be a close fight, no one guy is going to destroy the other.
With Mendes with the wrestling advantage and KZ with the striking advantage.

but I think KZ has improved more than Mendes since they have sparred.

Mark Hominick could beat KZ 8 times out of 10 in a rematch, and Dustin Poirier is ranked 10# FW in the world...... I'm a Korean so I'm obviously a fan of zombie but Mendes would probably laynpray on KZ to a decision

or knock his ass out

Mendes is...of course there is a huge gap between the contenders and the champ

K I've been through this already way too many times to be saying this again.. but How Mendes the number one contender? after a win against Cody and a nobody he suddenly deserves it more than a guy who didn't get ktfo and had a better last 3 fights? Ya Mendes may be number 2 FW in the world but how the fuck is he the number one contender? might as well give number 2 guys shot after shot since they are still number 2

K I've been through this already way too many times to be saying this again.. but How Mendes the number one contender? after a win against Cody and a nobody he suddenly deserves it more than a guy who didn't get ktfo and had a better last 3 fights? Ya Mendes may be number 2 FW in the world but how the fuck is he the number one contender? might as well give number 2 guys shot after shot since they are still number 2

I'm talking about ability. Not exactly the order of things right now. Mendes is a much better fighter than the korean. The title of the thread is Mendes vs. KZ...i think Mendes handles him and i don't think KZ is that great.

KZ has probably done enough for a shot considering past title challengers havent done much. He would get destroyed though..and had he fought a Chad Mendes..he would have got crushed. His only recent win that imressed me was the Poirier fight. He caught Hominick, good for him, Hominick hasnt done well making that look like a great win since...and Leonard Garcia, well..is Leonard Garcia. I just don't think the list of fighters that can beat the guy is all that exclusive..he isnt that great. Just an all out fighter with a cult following.

I'm talking about ability. Not exactly the order of things right now. Mendes is a much better fighter than the korean. The title of the thread is Mendes vs. KZ...i think Mendes handles him and i don't think KZ is that great.

KZ has probably done enough for a shot considering past title challengers havent done much. He would get destroyed though..and had he fought a Chad Mendes..he would have got crushed. His only recent win that imressed me was the Poirier fight. He caught Hominick, good for him, Hominick hasnt done well making that look like a great win since...and Leonard Garcia, well..is Leonard Garcia.

K so you are trying to say Hominick just got caught? nvm I dont need to argue with you, sure Mendes just got caught too while your at it

K so you are trying to say Hominick just got caught? nvm I dont need to argue with you, sure Mendes just got caught too while your at it

10 seconds in and Hominick made a huge mistake. That's a fight that 9 times out of 10 goes to a decision. Yeah, he got caught. Not to say KZ would not have beat him anyway...which he would have but unless "getting caught" does not exist(which i think it does)that is the perfect example of getting caught. Mendes, not so much.

I see Money winning but I'd like for KZ to get the win.

10 seconds in and Hominick made a huge mistake. That's a fight that 9 times out of 10 goes to a decision. Yeah, he got caught. Not to say KZ would not have beat him anyway...which he would have but unless "getting caught" does not exist(which i think it does)that is the perfect example of getting caught. Mendes, not so much.

Getting caught is where the lesser fight ktfo a greater fighter. Like the Roop ko on KZ. That's an example of getting caught. But Hominick would have got countered perfectly and it would have happened again imo.

How the hell does this fight make sense?! Mendez beat a one trick, non-athlete in his last fight since being TKOed by Aldo. No sense at all in pairing him up with a guy on a win streak nearing title contention, who is actually a fan favorite and exciting finisher- things Mendes is clearly not.

As a KZ fan, this match up worries me. I'm still picking KZ to win via TKO stoppage though.

Back