Who wins? Mendes vs. KZ

Lets be honest, Mendes is talented, but he has beat Omigawa, super late replacement Meza, and Mckenzie and getting KO'd by Aldo. KZ at least has better competition to an extent on his recent resume, Garcia (not amazing), Poireir, and Hominick (right after his semi-strong performance against aldo), and he did get KO'd by Roop, but he also finished Hominick in record time soooo...

I dunno, honestly I just think if the Roop KO never happened he would be a favorite in this fight. That said KZ wins this, I am pretty confident in this.

Mendez. But KZ has earned a shot. Just let him go straight to a title fight.

He has looked impressive no doubt, but has only won 3 straight while most guys had to win 4-5 before getting a shot

A fight vs Mendes would leave no doubt he is #1 contender but that easier said then done
I would take Mendes by decision

mendes has only ko'd 2 people with terrible stand up, the rest he laid on, and got ko'd by aldo in the first round.

why would mendes even be considered for a fight with kz? does anyone want to see mendes vs aldo again? kz vs aldo would at least be interesting.

This. Mendes has nothing for kz

Lets be honest, Mendes is talented, but he has beat Omigawa, super late replacement Meza, and Mckenzie and getting KO'd by Aldo. KZ at least has better competition to an extent on his recent resume, Garcia (not amazing), Poireir, and Hominick (right after his semi-strong performance against aldo), and he did get KO'd by Roop, but he also finished Hominick in record time soooo...

I dunno, honestly I just think if the Roop KO never happened he would be a favorite in this fight. That said KZ wins this, I am pretty confident in this.

Mendes also defeated Yahya last year and Swanson & Koch the year before.

Very strong analysis.

Good fight, don't get why Mendes isn't getting any love. Mendez probably would win and it would most likely would be convincing.

mendes knocks him out rather easily i think...i love kz but i just dont see him working his grappling magic and getting that sub and theres only so many shots he could take from a beast FW like mendes...

Mendes could possibly hold him down but striking and submissions I give to Korean Zombie

This is my opinion as well.

Despite the major set back to Roop. KZ has shown that he is very durable. Not to be mean, but Mendes' last couple of fights have been against relatively weak competition.

Is it possible that since his loss to Aldo he has become a KO machine, maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it, especially against KZ.

mendes knocks him out rather easily i think...i love kz but i just dont see him working his grappling magic and getting that sub and theres only so many shots he could take from a beast FW like mendes...

You are a kz fan but u dont see that kz just would make mendes look like an amateur. Come to the brighter side of the world.

Lol all of the people quoting me are pretty sour about me calling Mendez mediocre.

Buuuuut he is, he might as well drop down to Bantamweight because he has no shot at winning the belt or even being a decent fight for Aldo if they did rematch.

This is my opinion as well.

Despite the major set back to Roop. KZ has shown that he is very durable. Not to be mean, but Mendes' last couple of fights have been against relatively weak competition.

Is it possible that since his loss to Aldo he has become a KO machine, maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it, especially against KZ.

Mendes' only chance is lnp but he aint gonna lay on kz im strongly firm on that

Mendes' only chance is lnp but he aint gonna lay on kz im strongly firm on that

I agree.

Jung is too big and too strong to get pushed around by Mendes, even if he does get taken down I see him going for a bunch of subs and creating scrambles to get back to his feet.

Back