Who wins Machida vs. Gustafsson at 205?

Gus would pick him apart. Thought this even before the Jones fight when people were laughing at Gus and saying he wouldn't beat Machida even.

Gus. I love Machida but Gus is too big, too strong and rangey for the Dragon to handle. Machida is making the cut to 185 for a reason.

Gus for sure. He's easily the 2nd best at 205 in the world. Lyoto gets KO'd.

I can see that fight go either way depending on if Machida manages to stay away from Gus' boxing and use his famous in and out movement with straight punches and kicks, or if Gus manages to land on Machida :)
in any case I'd love to see that fight :D (probably wont happen now that Machida wants to fight MW)

Lyoto UD
Just a far better striker and i think Gus will definitely try to take him down but his offense from the top isnt great

Gus does his best against fighters his own size and height thats why his best performances were against Diabetes and Bones. Even Hamill got some clean shots on him and made him bleed. A past prime, no legs, sloppy and chubby Shogun was extremely competitive with him in the 1st 2 rounds. Hes not good at using his height to his advantage and his movement is his best attribute and Lyoto has even better movement and their footwork is about even

Troll...

Gus has much better hands + chin.

Last edited:
I'll say what I said in that one thread about this very topic before Gus faught Jones.

I think Gus will outbox Machida standing up. They're both slick strikers but I think Gus is still a better striker overall.

I don't think it's a washout by any means though.

I would go with Gus. His fight with Jones proved he is clearly on the level of the champ and the champ is levels above everyone else.

Lyoto and Shogun had a great first fight where Lyoto arguably won 2 rounds IMO. But anyways lets not pretend 09/10 Shogun was the same guy who fought Gus......

Lyoto beat Rampage's ass in the 3rd round and overall outstruck him handily. Its just in a round by round basis where u could give Rampage 2 rounds but the 2nd really shouldve been a draw
Lyoto clowned and humiliated Hendo he did nothing but punch the air the whole time and only got a couple clean hits in which he wasnt even close to capitalizing on

Compare how Lyoto did against Thiago to Gus to see the difference in their striking

The break down of the match was essentially Rampage taking round 1, the toss-up 2nd round, and round 3 being all-Machida. Now some fans say Machida did nothing to engage Rampage in round 2, however that's false. After the three minute mark Machida starts landing the cleaner, nicer strikes and begins taking control of the momentum, but overall the fight was uneventful according to fan majority. There was a nice knee in round 2 Machida also landed. Followed by a slight uppercut from Rampage but you could barely make it out on the fight cam. At the end of the 2nd round Rampage is clipped and tripped simultaneously. Rampage just caught Machida in a classic trap-match, returning right after Shogun. In conclusion it was a real coin-flip finish, Machida did just enough to eek it out imho. One thing to look at is since that time which fighter has better wins and has been more relevant, that answer seems obvious.

this is the one, Machida clips him late in the 2nd at the bell

35i11xt.gif
001.gif

Is this even serious thread?

Gustaffson or Machida via robbery

@up

GTFO with that shit bro ,rampage outstruck him in first 2 rounds, Machida was backpedalling for first 2 rounds and landed strikes had Rampage winning first 2 rounds ,Agression+octagon control+ landed strikes goes to Rampage here , 3rd round wasn't even close to 10-8 that's some Bullshit. Machida has officaly worst fans in sherdog history along with Frankie Edgar i think people who give Machida win when he fought Rampage either watched it by fight finder or they're delusional fans.

Is this even serious thread?

Gustaffson or Machida via robbery

@up

GTFO with that shit bro ,rampage outstruck him in first 2 rounds, Machida was backpedalling for first 2 rounds and landed strikes had Rampage winning first 2 rounds ,Agression+octagon control+ landed strikes goes to Rampage here , 3rd round wasn't even close to 10-8 that's some Bullshit. Machida has officaly worst fans in sherdog history along with Frankie Edgar i think people who give Machida win when he fought Rampage either watched it by fight finder or they're delusional fans.

Yep,Machida fans are the most delusional ever.

Back