Who wins Machida vs. Gustafsson at 205?

Lyoto UD
Just a far better striker and i think Gus will definitely try to take him down but his offense from the top isnt great

Gus does his best against fighters his own size and height thats why his best performances were against Diabetes and Bones. Even Hamill got some clean shots on him and made him bleed. A past prime, no legs, sloppy and chubby Shogun was extremely competitive with him in the 1st 2 rounds. Hes not good at using his height to his advantage and his movement is his best attribute and Lyoto has even better movement and their footwork is about even

pls no

machida should have never been at lhw, that being said hes dangerous to anybody.

Gus. I think machida is reaching the end of his career to be honest. I think hes at a plateau.

After his last fight it's tough to pick against Gus on this one, but i do think Machida would have a better chance of scoring a knockout.

Gus has the right tools in the tool box to beat a guy like Machida.

Before the second Shogun fight, I would say Machida because he wasn't gun shy back then. Lyoto has been too conservative and way too inconsistent in recent memory for me to pick him with any semblance of certainty. Gus has been anything but inconsistent since the Davis fight, and judging by how he dragged Jones kicking and screaming through hell...Gus has the tools to beat literally anyone at LHW.

Gus. He has much faster hands, slightly better footwork, a granite chin, and is rangier. Machida would run away for three rounds looking for a big counterstrike while doing basically nothing of note like always (lately), while Gus would outpoint him with crisp boxing and win 30-27.

I know styles make fights.

But come on, Gus was able to hang with Jones.

Gus hurts Machida really bad.

Machida hands down.

Gus left himself way too open against Jones. You're not going to survive 3 headkicks from Machida... let alone 10.

Plus Karate > Boxing

Gus' size and length would probably give LYoto a ton of problems but Lyoto is faster and a better striker with amazing TDD, tough fight to call really.

Before the Jones fight I would have said Machida by UD. However now I think Gus would manage to finish him like Jones and Shogun did Gus can take a punch and he's quicker than any opponent Machida's faced except Jones. Gus can probably take Machida down like Phil did and can go toe to toe with him on the feet. Gus by TKO.

Before the Jones fight I would have said Machida by UD. However now I think Gus would manage to finish him like Jones and Shogun did Gus can take a punch and he's quicker than any opponent Machida's faced except Jones. Gus can probably take Machida down like Phil did and can go toe to toe with him on the feet. Gus by TKO.

Gus is no where near the level of wrestler that Phil is.

Back