Who wins: Cote vs Story

skillwise i would pick rick story, but wont cote be a ginormous welterweight? he could demian maia him & have blood shooting out of his ass

Are they fighting? I'd like to see that fight. I'd be rooting for Cote but I think Story takes a decision.

No it's not an official fight just something I would like to see on the ufc 157 card an I think the fight makes sense and could be a possibility buy who knows with joe silva

Story takes it imo, incredibly underrated fighter.

I'd bet Rick takes this one as he can hang with Cote on the feet and has better wrestling than Patrick. Not to count Cote out but I don't see him winning this fight.

Cote would win this, his got a great chin and a bowling ball in his hand

cotes not that big of a ww, 5'11 big frame but not too bulky

Probably Story, but I'm curious to see how Cote'll look at WW-- who knows, the transfer to WW might make him a beast; it happens sometimes when fighters drop weight classes-- and how he's improved his wrestling and BJJ. He hasn't fought a wrestler in a couple years, it's ridiculous to assume he hasn't improved in that time period just cuz' he hasn't fought one, and he took the Le fight on a months notice (that means 3 weeks to train, by the way), Sakara has some of the biggest power at MW and is a lot bigger than Cote (not to mention, you know... he hit him in the back of the head 6 times to end the fight, and everyone forgets that he rocked Sakara as well), so you can't say he sucks just cuz' he hasn't looked spectacular in his last couple fights. There's a lot of things to consider.

sakarahead-kick3.gif

Sakara got a headkick knockout going through the guy's guard. I don't think I've ever seen that before (Antonio Mendes dropped Thiago Silva that way, though, but he didn't KO him), and that's really a testament to Sakara's power.

Last edited:
I like Cote but Story is not a good match up for him. He would probably wrestle him for a 30-27.

Back