Who wins Conor or Gaethje?

You’re not gonna finish Justin without a war. He’s no cowboy. You’d really have to do a number these days. Conor would be my guess if he showed up ready to fight 5 rounds
I really don't think Justin has the skill to make it a war, a war implies a back and forth, and I suspect it will look more like a superpower invading a 3rd world country.

I do think he's tough enough to take a pretty long sustained beating though , 2nd round tko or doctor stoppage is my prediction.

Last edited:
I'd lean Conor. Gaethje is a wild card though. Can win or lose to just about anybody. The Garbrandt of 155

It's one of two ways. Gaethje shows up and finally shows off the wrestling. Or Conor shit talking with the help of Dana's "performance bonus" has Gaethje stay standing where he gets absolute obliterated on the feet.

I love Gaethje but this patient shit is overhyped. He has fundamental flaws with his striking and tends to load up/over extend his shots, granted it helps his power but it's gonna open him up to counters.

Justin couldnt hang on the feet with Dustin and Eddie, two guys Conor dismantled on the feet with ease.

I can say for sure that most of these posters saying Gaethje would win wouldn't put their money where their mouth is.
Eddie and Dustin were actually taking some punishment from Gaethje on the feet, Dustin was losing, but both caught him when they needed to. Conor is levels above them strikingwise, but then again Nate and Khabib outstruck Conor at times. He is not invulnerable especially if he gasses trying to finish Justin in the first or second.

My mind says Conor lights Gaethje up like a Christmas tree

My heart says Conor's heart is questionable and he won't be able to put Gaethje away and eventually get broken with vicious leg kicks, or KO'ed savagely in the third when he's tired. This ain't no broke down Donald Cerrone, or even a weak ass Diaz.

Then again Gaethje is sloppy and Conor is a marksman.

I think this fight will finally tell us what Conor is made of at the higher weight classes (LW, this is not a real WW fight)

Khabib made him look like total shit but in fairness he makes everyone look like total shit. Nobody can touch him.
hahah. He made hard work of ragin al. Couldnt finish barboza. Even cerrone tko barboza.
Tony gonna make him look bad after round 1.

Justin is a durable punching back but Conor would tko him, he'd give him a tough fight though.

Conor might survive 5 rounds but he's pretty ineffective past 2 and doesn't have a stoppage past 2. I think he has to get it done early but has a big skill advantage in the early going.
The narritive that Conor doesn't have a finish past the 2nd round so he's not got any power after 2 is a bit silly, he's barely had any fights go past 2 rounds, one he tore his ACL in round 2, one he lost to Khabib and the other was against a zombie Daiz.

My gut says Gaethje for a variety of reasons. But it's hard to pick against Conor.
The guy has proved me wrong time and again. Only one I guessed right what Khabib. I thought Diaz would give him trouble but I didn't call that. Aldo I never expected. Mendes was tailor made to give him problems. Poirier was too much too soon.

I just kept being wrong.

I'm picking Conor. But wouldn't be surprised if he gets leg kicked, dropped and gnp'd for a finish.

Conor might survive 5 rounds but he's pretty ineffective past 2 and doesn't have a stoppage past 2. I think he has to get it done early but has a big skill advantage in the early going.
He doesn't have a stoppage "past 2" because his fights almost never go that long. It's because of how good of a finisher he is, not some lack of late finishing ability.

Toss up in my opinion. Conor has the power to put him away but the only times Gaethje has been KO’d was by guys who had a tremendous amount of heart. If it doesn’t end early Conor is in for a long night.

Gaethje is exciting as hell, but I would expect it to end similarly to the Aldo fight. Conor ruins him with counter shots

I see this fight going either way. Gaethje bullies Conor with pressure, especially against the fence and pulveries his legs. Or Conor hitting his target with mostly every strike he throws. Or, a little bit of both which would make this one epic fight.

This fight would be soooo surreal... Would be hyped as fuck if they announce this. Perfect fight for Conor if he's looking for that lightweight strap.

Or, another option would be Poirier...

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Gaethje gets hit an average of 10 strikes per minute. Now imagine Conor in the same ring as him.... It's going to be a mismatch and honestly i feel as though Gaethje is going to fold in under 3 minutes.

He's barely been hit in his last three fights.

If Khabib vs Conor is next, then you have to give Gaethje the winner out of those 2, no matter what the outcome...

(That's of course if Tony loses)

A winnable fight for both, odds are on Conrad bc marksman vs brawler

Conor just beat his leftovers and everyone thinks gaethje wouldnt have a chance a month ago it was that Conor was afraid to fight him lol I think gaethje would wear him down and make him quit

I'd lean Conor.

Look at what each of them did to Alvarez and Poirier. Conor needs a W over gaethje to be the next in line for the title imo.

Back