Who wins between Cowboy vs Jury

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Azrael40, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Azrael40

Azrael40 Yellow Belt

Okay what a fight coming up for our co-main headliner. I love this UFC 182 card.

Donald Cowboy Cerrone is on a five fight win streak. The last man he last lost to was the Light Weight Contender Rafael Dos Anjos who just beat Nate Diaz. Since then Cowboy has taken on all comers and even had the balls to challenge Khabib Nurmagomedov a man who nobody wants to fight in the LW division.

The last time we saw cowboy in action he was dismantling Eddie Alvarez with his muay thai in an awesome three round beatdown. Donald Cerrone is a lightweight monster with a 25-6 record. 20 of those wins coming by way of finishes. He has an 80% finishing rate which is amazing in this day of MMA.

And his Challenger is a young upstart named Myles Jury. Myles from Alliance MMA has a 15 and 0 record. With 12 finishes in his young career. Myles is only 26 years old and has already defeated Takanori Gomi by first round Knockout and Diego Sanchez by easy decision.

Myles moves extremely well in the cage and his opponents have a lot of difficulty following his lateral movement much less throwing strong solid shots at him. Myles has outmaneuvered all his opponents so far and none of them have been able to seriously connect on him. Myles is like a weird version of Dominic Cruz and Lyoto Machida in his elusiveness.

Can Cowboy connect on Myles? Can Myles dodge, dip, duck and dart, and take Cowboy out first? Can Cowboy slow Myles down with his vicious leg kicks?

If Myles can defeat Cowboy it will shake the holy shit out of the lightweight division and we will have yet again another challenger for Anthony Pettis to defeat.

I myself am hoping that Cowboy can tag Myles hard and that he can force Myles into a serious gun fight. I'm picking Myles to win because I want another striker to challenge for that LW belt after RDA, and Khabib get there chances.

It would probably be better for Myles to lose this fight and then grow over the next two years and get a shot at the belt after three of more fights against strong competition.

But if he beats Cowboy at UFC 182 young Myles Jury is going to be thrown into that pile of MMA killers that are all in the top five of the lightweight division lining up to fight Pettis.

How do you guys feel about this fight? Who do you pick to win? The hard killer Cerrone, or the young phenom Myles Jury?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  2. Elysianwing

Elysianwing Mr. Mojo Risin' Belt

I'm thinking Jury will make a statement against Cerrone.

3. SeattleFightFan

SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

hard to go against Cerrone. OTOH, his 6th fight in 13 months was when he showed up tired against Nate, and this will be his 6th in 14. Jury just better not get hit.

it's 3 rounds, right?

4. Tom Taylor

Tom Taylor Brown Belt

Cerrone is such a beast but I have a weird feeling Jury is going to beat him. Really hoping Cerrone continues to deliver though.

5. Zap

Zap It's clobberin' time.

I'm hoping Cowboy ends this with another head kick ko.

6. Happiness

Happiness Silver Belt

This is one fight I cant picture. I have no idea.

7. Elysianwing

Elysianwing Mr. Mojo Risin' Belt

Jury seems to improve fight to fight. Cerrone, imo, hit his ceiling a long while back.

8. Megatronlee

Megatronlee Red Belt

Cowboy is gnna take is soul. I hate they removed it from the Boston card

9. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

When I saw who wins and Cowboy I figured this was an NFL gambling thread.

Cowboys steamroll the Lions.

Cowboy beats Jury.

10. ArkhamAsylum

ArkhamAsylum Red Belt

11. DyinHawaiian

DyinHawaiian #FEELTHEBERN

Where you at Georges? Where you at motherfucker?!
    Rooting for Cerrone but have a nasty feeling that Jury will put on a clinic against him, he's like a non-threatening Nate Diaz.

12. trblesome1

trblesome1 Silver Belt

Cerrone is more experienced but a little overrated, Jury is up and coming and might have a chance to make a big name for himself in this one. Its tough to know where Cerrone's head is at

13. fearoth

fearoth Silver Belt

Motivated Cerrone will hurt Myles badly I think. Jury is solid but hasn't fought killers.

14. Kertol

Kertol Brown Belt

The Alvarez fight was competitive

15. THE WARMASTER

THE WARMASTER Smell those Douglas firs

Love Cowboy, but I think Dave Franco takes this.

16. doomy200

doomy200 Brown Belt

I think Cowboy's too dangerous

17. oldschoolmmafan

oldschoolmmafan PEOPLE=SHIT

I got Jury the kids got mad skills a bit to much for the cowboy imo.

18. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Im gonna take Jury here.....I usually go with the more proven and established guys but this time Im taking the new and up and coming guy

19. Troublesome10

Troublesome10 non serviam belt

I personally think it makes sense that Cerrone is the favorite here- he's been on a tear, and despite what others have said about him hitting his ceiling, I've seen improvements in his hands (primarily the jab) and he seems really hard to takedown- both because of his overall wrestling improvement, and him really concentrating on front kicks and knees to stop people from getting inside.

Jury is a darkhorse here and he moves very well and can really mix it up. He grapplefucked MJ, KO'd Gomi in the first, beat Sanchez really easily. He's young, talented, cerebral and comes from a good camp (Alliance). I'm picking Jury here, but I wouldn't be the house on it (though I did drop my vcash lol).

20. fortheo

fortheo Steel Belt

Did you forget when RDA made Cerrone look like a noob?

I'm 50-50 on this fight. I think People underestimate jury a bit too much, that said Cerrone is on a roll. I'm picking Jury but I wouldn't be surprised if Cowboy pulls it off.