Who will win on Oct 6th - Conor vs Pettis?

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Mods please add poll.

After Khabib and Ferguson both pull out of the fight due to injury or just being fat. The UFC will slide Showtime into the Main Event slot. And we will get an epic striking battle.

This will not be a popular pic, but I would go with Pettis by 4th round Submission. Pettis has a chin of steel, and a great gas tank. I see him getting outboxed early, and losing rounds 1 and 2. But then Conor will begin to gas out and start eating kicks and right hands from Pettis. 4th round Pettis hurts him to the body....takes him to the ground.....and chokes him out with a RnC.

GTfUHgH.gif
9pke.gif
Pettis-vs-Handerson-submission-UFC164-1.gif

anigif_sub-buzz-21900-1467093097-3.gif

Reported.

Reason: being an asshole.

I like your style. I'm in.

And to be clear, he isn't trolling. If you saw the title and thought Khabib was out, you're slow. This scenario is not all that unlikely.

It's a legitimate possibility that this can happen. It's Khabib and Tony we are talking about!

Well at least now we know what Sherdog will say "would have happened" and who their next savior will be after Khabib and Tony both get besmirched.

WEC or Early UfC Pettis murks the living fuck outta conor.

This pettis ---- most likely gets TKO'd

Conor by KO I think

Pettis is way too inconsistent these days

I'd say there's 30% chance this fight happens. Khabib and Tony are unreliable.

Pettis won't take it, just like he wouldn't take the Khabib fight.

UFC will try to stiff him on $$ and Conor ends up fighting Kevin Lee on 1 day's hours notice.

They should mo-cap Khabib during the promotion so they can easily CGI his replacement's head on in post after he pulls out.

It's worth talking about, because I think there is a clear purpose for putting Tony and Pettis on the card:

If Khabib gets hurt: Pettis fights Conor, Tony fights Lee
If Conor gets hurt: Tony fights Khabib, Pettis fights Lee
If they both get hurt: Conor fights Pettis

The UFC finally learned what the word insurance means.

But under no circumstances are they putting Lee against either Conor or Khabib. He's an awful matchup for both.

Just a few years ago that would have been considered the GOAT matchup.

Back