Who will the Brazil crowd cheer for more in 190's main event?

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Has a home crowd cheered more for the foreign fighter over the local fighter? So far it looks like Rousey is getting more love than Bethe for this fight. Rousey really is kissing their ass, and Bethe's suicide comments hasn't helped her. I'm predictimg it'll be fairly quiet for the challenger's walkin, while Rousey will be cheered on.

They will most likely boo everything

I remember when Tyson was fighting Brian Nielsen (the dane) here in Denmark.

Obviously, Tyson was a legend at that point, and people were more interested in him than in Nielsen - but when it all came down to it, fiiiight time, the cheers were louder for Nielsen.

That's what's gonna happen. If Bethe has some succes fighting, she's gonna get people mad cheering.

The suicide comment was overblown and the Brazilian crowd knows it. I suspect that most will end up cheering for their country's competitor.

Has a home crowd cheered more for the foreign fighter over the local fighter? So far it looks like Rousey is getting more love than Bethe for this fight. Rousey really is kissing their ass, and Bethe's suicide comments hasn't helped her. I'm predictimg it'll be fairly quiet for the challenger's walkin, while Rousey will be cheered on.

Vovchanchyn vs Edson Carvalho - WVC 7

They'll probably take the middle ground and chant for them both to die.

The suicide comment was overblown and the Brazilian crowd knows it. I suspect that most will end up cheering for their country's competitor.

I don't think so, most people here only know Ronda, she's been trending on twitter for almost 2 days.

they will cheer for the bigger star just like Mexico in this case that's Ronda

3008wn8.jpg

Bingo. They're going to chant that horrible "you're going to die" thing 56,000 times a minute, stopping only to boo when the fight goes to the ground. Immediately after, there's going to be at least one thread on Sherdog justifying the death chant while at the same time criticizing "USA" chants.

Bingo. They're going to chant that horrible "you're going to die" thing 56,000 times a minute, stopping only to boo when the fight goes to the ground. Immediately after, there's going to be at least one thread on Sherdog justifying the death chant while at the same time criticizing "USA" chants.

youd think the brazilian crowd would appreciate brazilian jiu-jitsu

youd think the brazilian crowd would appreciate brazilian jiu-jitsu

My sentiments exactly. However, unless a Brazilian fighter is sinking in an obvious choke / other sub, it's usually a chorus of boos. Don't get me wrong - this isn't tennis or golf, where the crowd is kept hushed by invisible snipers or explosive dog collars; it's exciting to hear the crowd get into it, and it's a little eerie when a Japanese crowd is completely silent during a fight. That being said, it's just feels too much like a soccer match sometimes in Brazil, with the excessive noise and vitriol taking away from the ongoing action. Lastly, I realize that I'm generalizing, and I am sorry for painting an entire country in such broad terms.

Brazilian talking here. NOBODY with a minimum knowledge of MMA takes Bethe seriously as a fighter.

Also, not only her comments on Ronda's father, but also talking big when she never faced real competition, the incident with the taxi driver, etc... none of those things contribute to her image.

That article makes it sound like the Taxi driver was the crazy one. I don't see how it reflects poorly on Bethe.

Not digging into more links now, but their versions are conflicting.

And you know how things are. People interpret those things as they want. Some might defend her, others not. In the end, it would have been better to pay a few extra bucks to the guy than showing up on tv under these circumstances.

I think most casual fans don't even know about the drama behind it all

They just know it is two girls fighting, one is a super champion and the other a brazilian

Back