Who Will Replace Bisping as The Next UK Superstar?

Who will be more successful in the UFC?

• Total voters
Not saying Till is the better fighter, but he's clearly better on the mic and more popular than Leon. He's even got a great knocked dead moment like Mike.

Bisping at the peak of his fame was still a D lister in the UK. His title win was a fart in the wind. The idea that he was ever a superstar is laughable. As is this whole belief that the UK is going to go MMA crazy all of a sudden if they just find the right British fighter. I dont know why Dana still believes this when its still yet to happen after all this time. It didnt happen in the early 2000s when in the same night you had Freeman beating Mir, Mark Weir getting what was iirc the fastest UFC KO ever at the time, and Murray supposedly KO'ing Tito in a streetfight. It didnt happen in the mid 00s when Bisping won TUF. It didnt happen in the late 00s when the UK won TUF US vs UK. It didnt happen in 2010 when Alex Reid won Big Brother and was in a high profile relationship with one of the most famous women in the country. It didnt happen when Bisping won a belt. Its not going to happen ever. MMA has reached its ceiling there as a sport that has a sizeable cult following, and thats fine, the UFC can still sell out pretty much any card there. What Dana and co still havent figured out is the type of people that follow the UFC there dont actually care whether you put British fighters on the cards or not, they will watch regardless.

Because Brits have done well out of boxing's sad decline.

Same fighters who would go like 30-0 and 40-0 against cans and win British titles and then get smashed when they crossed the pond and fought the champ or a legit contender are now the champs. It's still amazing Joshua managed to lose to Ruiz.

Lol @ needing to get this dig in in response to someone simply saying boxing is bigger than MMA there....

Bullshit. Edwards is not an exciting fighter at all. Dana usually hates point fighters.

But Bisping was the only overpaid fighter in MMA history, I'll never understand the hard on Dana and the UFC has for UK fighters. The arenas sell out regardless of who is on the card.
It's the market the UFC's after. Same reason why Dana had a hard on for Cain and the Mexican market, both of which failed miserably. As long as boxing is around, certain countries will NEVER turn their back on the sweet science, especially Mexico and the UK.

In terms of popularity it's Till. In terms of who has more success i'm not sure, WW is a tougher division than MW and younger so probably Till as well.

Leon Scott got booed when he fought gunni earlier this year. If he wasn’t so boring on the mic he might get a few more interviews and interest.
Till is the more popular fighter here but I think it could be molly mcann, she’s fun and brings it. War mcann

Back