Who Will Replace Bisping as The Next UK Superstar?

Who will be more successful in the UFC?

• Total voters
John Hathaway is just about to hit his stride.

Well, not like Till looked fantastic. Kudos to him for taking the fight, but Gastelum looked the guy who managed to lose to Magny.
Is Magny horrible or something? Top 15 WW in the best MMA organization in the world. Quit hating.

If leon gets ufc gold helll have to get past some the best in the division.. Seeing as there really isnt many up coming prospects hell be champ for a while i think if he can win the belt. So if that comes into fruition id say him..

Till though is the likely bet though even if he doesnt win ufc gold is more of a character

They both can become stars. I don't think they even need a belt to do that but i do think they both are close to a title shot.

Leon might be the most well rounded Welterweight right now. I could possibly see him become champ one day or at least fight for the title soon. Usman is still his toughest matchup and Colby would be as well.

Darren Till surprised everybody with his performance over Gastelum. He has already defeated one of the most dangerous guys in his new division. Sky is the limit for Till as long we keep him away from one thing...

<RomeroSalute>
Yeah agreed. Edwards is a really good fighter. Unfortunately many people on here fail to see how good he is or just don't want to give him the props he deserves because he doesn't have many finishes.
Darren also really did well against KG. Can't wait to see him against other middleweights; from what it looks like right now, not cutting these absurd amounts of weights anymore has worked out very well for him.

Is Magny horrible or something? Top 15 WW in the best MMA organization in the world. Quit hating.

He's not horrible, but Kelvin looked terrible and very lackluster in both those fights. Cerrone looked as bad as he did in the Gaethje fight against Edwards and Edwards still had problems with him and couldn't finish him.

Well, not like Till looked fantastic. Kudos to him for taking the fight, but Gastelum looked the guy who managed to lose to Magny.
I know what you mean. Gas wasn't at his best but the style Till used in that fight could drive him to a title shot. I never would have thought Till could beat Whittaker but now I could see Till playing it safe and winning a decision if they were to fight soon. Especially if Whittaker comes out tentative after getting KO'ed by Israel. If Till beats Gastelum and then Whittaker, he is probably getting a title shot after that.

Leon is really close too. That's why Dana is suddenly hyping it up

<Dana05>

<Jaime01>

Neither Edwards is the better fighter of the two. I believe in years to come it will be Arnold Allen I think that's his name.

I don't see why we need one or if anyone really cares tbh.

Unless you are a redneck or Brazilian most people don't really care what nation the fighters are from.

Any Bisping 2.0 version.

cats9.jpg

cats16.jpg

He's not horrible, but Kelvin looked terrible and very lackluster in both those fights. Cerrone looked as bad as he did in the Gaethje fight against Edwards and Edwards still had problems with him and couldn't finish him.
I do agree with that. Nice rebuttal.

The truth is boxing is over 10 times bigger than MMA in the UK. Bisping won a world championship and the media gave zero fucks about it. Neither Till nor Edwards will ever be as big as Joshua, Khan or even Chisora.

The truth is boxing is over 10 times bigger than MMA in the UK. Bisping won a world championship and the media gave zero fucks about it. Neither Till nor Edwards will ever be as big as Joshua, Khan or even Chisora.

Because Brits have done well out of boxing's sad decline.

Same fighters who would go like 30-0 and 40-0 against cans and win British titles and then get smashed when they crossed the pond and fought the champ or a legit contender are now the champs. It's still amazing Joshua managed to lose to Ruiz.

If Leon beats Woodley, Masvidal, and becomes the champion, I think he'll be greater than Till. I don't see Till (yet) taking the MW belt. One MW fight doesn't convince.

A lot of Bisping's fame was based on his personality. Leon isn't the same kind of trash-talker. He'd need a long era at the top to make up the difference.

Back