Who will move forward in Khabib vs. Conor

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Serious question. Who do you think will pressure the other fighter? Khabib has been known to pressure fighters, but when he's faced dangerous punchers like Al or MJ, he had a more patient approach. Conor fights good going forward or backwards, but he seems more likely to finish Khabib if he lands a counter while khabib tries to push forward.

I think Khabib will be forced to move forward but Conor will stay as clear of the cage as he can.

Serious question. Who do you think will pressure the other fighter? Khabib has been known to pressure fighters, but when he's faced dangerous punchers like Al or MJ, he had a more patient approach. Conor fights good going forward or backwards, but he seems more likely to finish Khabib if he lands a counter while khabib tries to push forward.

What counter? Khabib will put him on his back within the firat seconds of the fight

Khabib its not close. Well see what happens if Conor connects and rocks Khabib though.

I don't think Khabib will pressure Conor in the first 2 rounds. I think he'll circle and let conor come to him and try to clinch when conor tries to commit to a strike. After round 2, though, I expect Khabib to be walking forward the whole time.

I think Khabib will be forced to move forward but Conor will stay as clear of the cage as he can.

Yes. this is what I think will happen for the first few rounds anyways.

Conor push the pace like always then he separate Khabibs mind from his consiousness.

Conor will move forward first as he always does. He did against mini Mendes while only having one knee, and against Mayweather in the earlier rounds. Khabib's gameplan must be to tire him out.

What counter? Khabib will put him on his back within the firat seconds of the fight
Hoe do you propose that?
Conor slipping on a banana peel?

Khalabeeb moving forward punching to clinch?

200.gif

Khabib works better against the fence. At the same time, I think it would be stupid for him to lunge in to try to take Conor down. On the other hand, McGregor probably knows if he's too aggressive he'll probably concede a takedown that can end the fight.

Could you imagine if this fight ends up being a 5-round staring context with no clear winner?

No Chad Mendes gifs taking Conor down?
That wasn't from Chad moving forward tho, that was Conor moving forward and winging spinning kicks. Plus, Chad has an explosive single and double, can close distance excellently, and Bib cant.

Conor hasn't fought like that since Nate showed him he wasn't invincible. The distance has to be closed for takedowns, and especially Khabib's form where he relies on the cage and a hybrid of chain wrestling and Judo. Sure, he can do it, but if you think Conor will be on his back in seconds, that is a risky proposition for Khabib.

If I'm Khabib, I surrender the first round, circle away from the left, wait till the 8 minute mark and Smesh Engage.

That wasn't from Chad moving forward tho, that was Conor moving forward and winging spinning kicks. Plus, Chad has an explosive single and double, can close distance excellently, and Bib cant.

Conor hasn't fought like that since Nate showed him he wasn't invincible. The distance has to be closed for takedowns, and especially Khabib's form where he relies on the cage and a hybrid of chain wrestling and Judo. Sure, he can do it, but if you think Conor will be on his back in seconds, that is a risky proposition for Khabib.

If I'm Khabib, I surrender the first round, circle away from the left, wait till the 8 minute mark and Smesh Engage.
People have such surface level analysis to not understand this. Khabib is a great wrestler, but this doesn't mean his takedowns are necessarily going to be easy to execute against McGregor.

Khabib will close distance whenever he wants.
Don't act like Conor is some kind os anti-wrestrling striker and his strikes are lethal weapons.

Wrestling defense = good TDD. Not movement and not punches.
Deal with it

People have such surface level analysis to not understand this. Khabib is a great wrestler, but this doesn't mean his takedowns are necessarily going to be easy to execute against McGregor.
Preach.

It's like how they thought Eddie would be a combination of the best traits of Diaz and Mendes since he had boxing, cardio and wrestling. Think they would learn ah??

At least the blueprint of what not to do was laid down by Alvarez. I feel McGregor's left only has that devastating power when his opponents commit. McGregor's best strikes against Alvarez happened when Alvarez tried to land something.

If khabib is smart he'll make conor come to him. He is the champ - regardless of the nonesense that conor spews.

conor is the one who has to take it from him.

Conor will close the distance initially try to keep him on the back foot so you can see the spring easier and catch him comming in

Back