Who will Max Holloway fight next?

I mean, even in the Aldo fight he came in at like 178, heavier than most fighters come fight night in the LW division.

He should try and compete in LW since his performance may end up being invigorated if he doesn't have to go through such a huge weight cut.

He should not have asked for that immediate rematch against Volk though since aside from a fluke first loss, immediate rematches rarely tend to work out in the former champ's favor

If Bobby Knuckles can make a comeback, Max Holloway can definitely make a comeback. He arguably beat Volko in the last one and he ran through everyone else not named Volkanovski (at FW).

What was so bad about his cardio? And his output had to do with him adjusting to Volks game. I believe he's the first man to drop him too (albeit flash knockdown but two in one fight). Do you just hate all my favorite fighters? Lol.
What? I like Max lmao.

I just think he is done, because I don't see the same motivation I saw in him on his way to the belt.
He was very close to beating Volk, yes, and I personally think he runs through most of FW if he tries, but I don't think he wants it anymore.
His cardio was still great, but it wasn't nearly what it was in the Aldo or Ortega fights.

I think Chad Mendes dropped Volk, but yeah, the second fight was very impressive, and honestly I thought he had no chance coming into it.

I'm not saying his skills aren't there, I'm saying his head isn't.
The difference between him and Rob right now, is that we know Rob is highly motivated right now, I could be wrong, but I don't see that in Holloway right now.

And mate, apart from Izzy i practically like every fighter in the UFC, apart from that fucker who dug his fingers into jake mathews eyes to get out of the guillotine.
I thought we were cool generally? I don't see me hating on many fighters apart from Izzy lol.
I hope Max goes on another run, I just don't see it.

I remember seeing a UFC all access video before his fight with Pettis and he was training extremely hard. And he used to have great cardio. But not so great vs Volk.
And the fact that the Dustin fight even happened is a sign he hates making 145.
It's a weight cut/ motivation thing as others have noted on here

He should fight Kattar next. Gives Max a non title fight and Kattar a much earned step up. I kinda don’t wanna see it because I’m a big Kattar and think Max will box him up. Only one way to find out.

I agree with this. If he added the weight correctly and fully trained to be a 155'er, I think he would transition well (inspite of the beatdown he took from Dustin)
The fight was fairly competitive.
And Dustin is elite, so he has potential there.

Back