Who will Max Holloway fight next?

Kattar hopefully, but If Yair doesn't man up and fight Zabit, then zabit might get Max. I don't know when Max wants to fight though. He honestly seems happy making money off of video games. He's only fought once this year and the year is almost over.

I think Max is done. His motivation doesn't seem to be there imo.

He had an awesome run though, and stopping now would probably be best for his health given the amount of head strikes he has absorbed.

Last edited:
Max seems kinda uninterested in anything regarding fighting right now. He‘s chilling with his son and GF, playing video games. Pretty sure we wont here from him until next year. I‘d like to see him fght Zabit, since Yair doesn‘t want to.

I think max is done. He might fight once or twice more, but his title days are over.
He seems like he has lost the motivation, and if you look at his last fight with Volk, his output and cardio were terrible compared to what they normally where.

He had an awesome run though, and stopping now would probably be best for his health given the amount of head strikes he has absorbed.
He got robbed vs volk

I think max is done. He might fight once or twice more, but his title days are over.
He seems like he has lost the motivation, and if you look at his last fight with Volk, his output and cardio were terrible compared to what they normally where.

If Bobby Knuckles can make a comeback, Max Holloway can definitely make a comeback. He arguably beat Volko in the last one and he ran through everyone else not named Volkanovski (at FW).

What was so bad about his cardio? And his output had to do with him adjusting to Volks game. I believe he's the first man to drop him too (albeit flash knockdown but two in one fight). Do you just hate all my favorite fighters? Lol.

This is the classic “fighter is done” after loss post. He arguably won his last fight, or at least it was razor close, and has been nothing but dominant at FW. How in the world is he done?

Max fucked his career taking that second volk fight so soon and losing it. His only hope now is betting cte city beats volk. That way he can get another title shot.

I’d be down to see Ortega rematch max eventually. If Ortega beats volk and max takes a fight with like zombie or some top 5- they could rematch for the belt with Ortega coming in as champ this time.

IDK
What do you tink?
I'm a huge Max fan and nothing would make me happier than seeing him reign the division as the 145lb champ but I think since the Dustin fight, his passion for fighting has kinda wained. Makes sense, given the amount of shots he absorbed vs Dustin and seeing his sons reaction after the fight, that probably stripped away some of his motivation so until he finds that drive that made him win 13 fights in a row, he probably should take a break.

If he is still motivated, Kattar is the most logical option though IMO is arguably the toughest matchup.

Hopefully someone at 155.
He is still a young man growing and his cut to 145 has become really unhealthy.

Kattar hopefully, but If Yair doesn't man up and fight Zabit, then zabit might get Max. I don't know when Max wants to fight though. He honestly seems happy making money off of video games. He's only fought once this year and the year is almost over.
<PlusJuan>

Back