who will co-headline ufc 229 and who will headline ufc 230?

thewhiterooster

dana hates sunscreen
@Brown
Reaction score
co headline ufc 229?
- cyborg vs nunes?
- Holloway vs Ortega?
- miocic vs blaydes?

headline ufc 230?
Robert Whittaker vs gastelum? (will gastelum be ready by nov 3rd?)
- DC vs latifi or Corey Anderson?

thoughts?

i doubt there will be another title to co-main Conor vs Khabib

probably something like Wonderboy vs Dos Anjos

Im hoping

UFC 229 co main - Usman vs Colby for next WW shot against Woodley/Till winner - at least that will organize that division, and set up the possibility of McGregor challenging the winner if he beats Khabib (yes, he will vacate another belt haha)

UFC 230 main -

Could be Cyborg vs Nunes, it is a superfight, and WMMA (Nunes) did technically headline UFC 200
How about Cormier vs Gus II (I know...I know, wont ever happen)
Not thinking Miocic vs Blaydes...but think Volkov would get the nod over Blaydes

I think they feed Blaydes to Derrick Lewis

So maybe Stipe vs Volkov

230 main - Jon Jones return

229 co-main - Moreas has challenged TJ, quick turnaround for TJ but he didn't take much damage and might be down to be featured on possibly the biggest card ever.

Too many people are thinking that Max is fighting again soon. They don’t even know what happened to him, so no way he fights until they figure that out. I doubt he even fights this year.

I wouldn't expect anything huge for 229. It will have 0 impact on PPV buys so it's just wasting resources.

O'Malley is a pretty good bet to be on the main card. It's a great opportunity to get up and coming guys exposure.

The co main for UFC 229 will likely be a fight between guys that could step in to save the PPV if one of Conor or Khabib don't make it.

229 co-main won't be anything too special and certainly not another title fight.

230 is a big mystery and I still think it will be some combination of DC/Jones/Gus. Cyborg/Nunes is another option if they want to make that a compromise date.

I really hope they put Sugar Sean O Malley on Conor's undercard

Conor is his idol. Make that kids dreams come true and motivate him to fight his ass off to impress Conor

A non title fight for 229. Ufc ain’t handing out ppv points

I don't think there will be another title on the line at 229. Rumor was that mcgregor didn't want any other champs poaching his PPV points. I would guess a HW contender bout like Stipe/Blaydes or Volkov/Blaydes. Maybe a LW bout where a guy could be ready if anyone pulls out from the main event. Both Kevin Lee and Anthony Pettis expressed interest in fighting on that card.

As far as UFC 230 goes I think there'll be a LHW title fight as the main- whether Jones comeback from suspension (presumably one year retroactive) and fights DC in a trilogy or Gus for the vacant belt. If not Jones then DC/Gus would be the only bout suitable for that card. Max-Ortega could be backup if they can't secure any of those bouts. You need something legit if you wanna fill up MSG

My dream main event would be GSP/Ben Askren

Jones vs Rumble at 230?

Unlikely if not impossible but would be a fun, non-title, headliner

The rest of 229 is very weak thus far. I hope it’s just not one of those where the headliner is the whole PPV.

2 men’s FLW fights Borg vs Benevidaz and Pettis vs Formiga
And a woman’s fight has been announced.

My best guesses:
JJ vs DC 3
JJ vs GUS
Nick Diaz vs ?? (kinda fits nicely with his little brother co headlining)

229 co-main: Ferguson vs Pettis

230 main: DC vs Gust 2

*Jones/Usada situation is the wildcard

Back