Who will be the next dominant champion with 5+ title defenses ?

You think?

Maia has to take down the strongest man in the division who has great wrestling and an atom bomb for a right hand.

I think Woodley stands the best chance of an WW in avoiding the human backpack.

What makes you think the style match up is bad for Woodley?

I just think Maia could Shields Woodley
On the other hand, I think Wonderboy could Rory Maia

Woodley has improved a lot but Maia is a big mfer for the WW division

JJ is on her way with 4 title defenses. After that I see Cody if he beats TJ (which I think he will) and Khabib if he wins the belt

Many people thought wrong.

The fact that the fight could have went either way should tell you he didn't definitively beat Cruz. Not only did Cody beat him, he made him look retarded for 5 rounds.

TJ came closer to beating Cruz than anyone not named Garbrandt since Urijah Faber in 2007.

I just think Maia could Shields Woodley
On the other hand, I think Wonderboy could Rory Maia

Woodley has improved a lot but Maia is a big mfer for the WW division
Hmmm... interesting points. I guess we'll see who ends up being right:)

Some good fights set for 2017

As mentioned in my previous post within this thread, respectfully, the Women's divisions, and the Men's Flyweight division are simply not deep enough to include in this poll.

With respect to the rest of the divisions, Stipe, Cormier, Bisping and Woodley have all already defended once. The current LW, FW and BW titles have not yet been defended.

I simply cannot see Bisping getting past Romero, and Woodley has his hands full at WW (he barely squeezed out a draw with Wonderboy, Maia poses a legit threat, and there continues to be the looming prospect of GSP returning).

To me, this leave Stipe and Cormier as the two that could reach 5x the fastest. Between the two, my money would be on Cormier as we all know (and have seen) that hanging on to the HW title is near impossible. I believe the present record is 2x title defences.

Cody, not a lot of talent at 135 division tbh, full of guys too short to make any waves at FW. Cody is a giant standing at 5ft8
Why do people keep talking about his height , he has a very short reach for his height

I'm going to say Cody. Simply because I can't think of anyone else.

Pretty much all dominant champions( GSP, Silva, Aldo, Jones, DJ) were VERY well rounded excelling in at least two disciplines among striking, BJJ and wrestling. I think only the winner of Cody/Dillashaw and Khabib are able to do it. Theoretically, Cormier could do it, but he will probably retire earlier. Stipe is also very well rounded but HW is a tricky division
Khabib can do it
Jones can go on another run too, the guy is still a kid. Get your shit together Jon

Cormier needs to fight jones and if he loses move back to hw and win that belt.
I think if there was no Cain then dc would have been a dominant hw champ

Who will be the next Usada(serial killer of mma)innocent victim?

Back