Who will be King of the Middleweight Division in 2013?

Oh good. Gay for Sergio, what an original gimmick. It wasn't funny when the first guy did it, its not funny now.

I'm not gay, dude. Wanting to lay out a blanket and have a picnic in the park with Sergio doesn't make me gay. I just believe he'd make great company. And he dresses very well. And is in very good shape. And has a great smile. That's all. I'm not gay, dude. I'm not. I'm really not.

Somebody's still bitter about Junior getting spanked.

I was never bitter about it. Well, I was bitter about it during the fight I guess.

It sucks when you watch a guy do exactly what you said he shouldn't do.

I was never bitter about it. Well, I was bitter about it during the fight I guess.

It sucks when you watch a guy do exactly what you said he shouldn't do.

But it happens. Some guys do exactly what their corners say they shouldn't do, and even though they get a reminder at the end of each round, just continue on doing it.

Sergio-Gabriel-Martinez-Sergei-Dzindziruk7.jpg

Yes, it is.

He's got that classic "latin lover" look to him.

But it happens. Some guys do exactly what their corners say they shouldn't do, and even though they get a reminder at the end of each round, just continue on doing it.

To me, the only way I saw Chavez losing that fight was if he stood at the middle distance and waited on Sergio andthats exactly what he did for 10 rounds. Once he moved his hands, it took him literally less than a round to break Sergio from head to toe.

I STILL think that should have been an easy fight for Chavez. I would still pick Chavez in a rematch. He had every advantage.

To me, the only way I saw Chavez losing that fight was if he stood at the middle distance and waited on Sergio andthats exactly what he did for 10 rounds. Once he moved his hands, it took him literally less than a round to break Sergio from head to toe.

I STILL think that should have been an easy fight for Chavez. I would still pick Chavez in a rematch. He had every advantage.

The 12th round supports your theory.

Hmm, I guess the other 11 and a half are meaningless? Chavez got lucky on a tired opponent who got back up and proceeded to continue whooping Chavez's ass. Chavez didnt change anything. Sergio was too fast, too slick, and just too damn good for that kid. Any attempt to magnify the 15 seconds of success he had in the 12th round is useless. Sergio's got too many tools and is too far advanced for Chavez, who only ever had a punchers chance. THAT is the only thing the 12th round showed.

Hmm, I guess the other 11 and a half are meaningless? Chavez got lucky on a tired opponent who got back up and proceeded to continue whooping Chavez's ass. Chavez didnt change anything. Sergio was too fast, too slick, and just too damn good for that kid. Any attempt to magnify the 15 seconds of success he had in the 12th round is useless. Sergio's got too many tools and is too far advanced for Chavez, who only ever had a punchers chance. THAT is the only thing the 12th round showed.

They were meaningless depending on your point of view I suppose. When Junior fought the fight he should have fought, he got the results.

He didn't get lucky. He changed things up in the 11th round. Max Kellerman commented on it as well I believe.
Sergio got tired? I guess. Never really been an issue for him before. Had Junior done what he should have done, Sergio would have had to work harder and tired earlier.

Chavez needed to be in Sergios ass the whole fight. Not stand at range eating the same shots over and over. You could see a few times in the fight, even in the rounds Chavez lost, that pressure was Juniors friend that night.

It was Martinez's fight no argument from me on that. But imagine if Martinez hadn't gotten up in the final round.

Except, y'know, handspeed, footwork, head movement, one-shot power, ring generalship, experience, slickness, drive, and everything that isn't size and Jose Sulaiman perpetually sucking him off.

Except, y'know, handspeed, footwork, head movement, one-shot power, ring generalship, experience, slickness, drive, and everything that isn't size and Jose Sulaiman perpetually sucking him off.

I disagree with most of those.

Sulaiman had nothing to do with the fight.

Sergio has "one shot KO'd" one fighter. Paul Williams. That had more to do with Williams than Sergio.

MArtinez actually has pretty sloppy footwork. His footwork was what got him put on his ass against Pavlik and Williams.

Martinez being "slick" is one of the most ridiculous myths in boxing. The guy is not that hard to hit.

Ring generalship... Chavez Juniors entire style is based around being the ring generaland Martinez has lost to guys like Chavez before.

I'll give you drive. Everyone around him has said the same thing.

Exclusive footage of chavez jr training for his comeback-

j9PbIua.gif

Guys. Let's get back on topic.

Sergio's good looks.

Seano, i think you are giving JCC Jr way too much credit. In his fight vs Martinez there wasn't any chance he can settle and let his offense going because he didn't listen to Roach to change up till the 11th round, and Martinez was just circling and frustrate him while landing good shots. He have his speed and reflexes, which compensate his sometimes sloppy and unbalanced footworks (he still do a great job of getting off angle to land his offense though), and while he isn't the slickest fighter around he does have his speed and his chin to make it harder for guys to hurt him. Even with that 12th round knockdown Martinez just got up and retalitate right away. And to me, Martinez also have ring-savviness, which is another important thing that JCC Jr seemed to lack at times. If they get rematch in the future, i expect a harder fight for Martinez but ultimately i think he can pull through.

Guys. Let's get back on topic.

Sergio's good looks.

What more is there to say? I know I'm not the only one who hopes to rollerblade side by side with Sergio and hold hands. At least I can admit it.

Nuclear, that's a pretty decent assessment. But a rematch is irrelevant and unnecessary. Chavez is not an elite fighter, not yet. That fight was the matador playing with the bull. Chavez has 15 seconds of success in the 12th and that warrants a rematch? Nah. Don't want it.

I always contended that Chavez had nothing for someone as slick and fast as Sergio. The 12th round didn't change my mind. Sergio got right back up and continued whooping Chavez's ass. Chavez got the knockdown, so he gets the round on the scorecards. Thing is, Sergio was tired and got a little too comfortable. In a rematch, he would fight a little more reserved, but still dominate like he did this time.

Style wise, Chavez has nothing for Sergio. He only ever had a punchers chance got some shots in. But that's where that ends. Chavez is used to bullying smaller, has been fighters into submission with his size and strength. He'll need more than that with someone as fast footed and talented as Sergio. Maybe in a few years, when age has caught up, could Chavez beat Sergio. Maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back