Who will be inducted into the UFC HOF this July?

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
The last couple years, the UFC has inducted people into the UFC Hall of Fame.
Last year, Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar were inducted on July 6. In 2012, Tito was inducted on July 7. If we follow the same pattern, a fighter (or fighters or important UFC figures) will be inducted on July 4th weekend, this year. Who is up for the HOF this year? Have there been any announcements so far about it, other than Rampage saying a bunch of words about it?

Could this be the year for Oleg Taktarov? BJ Penn? Tank Abbott? Pat Miletich?

Dana said that Anderson, GSP, BJ, Hendo, and Vitor get next dibbs

Bj Penn and Dan Henderson make the most sense.

I can't decide which is less interesting the UFC HOF or UFC P4P rankings. Both are completely irrelevant and subjective. I think I will go with HOF. It is the absolute biggest pile of shit that means nothing to nobody.

Personally I think the HOF should wait until fighters have retired before they're eligible.

It SHOULD be Rich Franklin and GSP. Both have pretty much retired.

Personally I think the HOF should wait until fighters have retired before they're eligible.

That's a good point. It is strange when they talk about "Hall of Famers" that are still active, or god forbid making them fight each other like Randy vs Coleman. I would prefer a few year waiting period before they induct people, but obviously they need to work on the UFC HOF for it to gain legitimacy. Otherwise, it doesn't mean much.

Back