Who was the more impressive champion: Serra or Bisping?

That's almost like saying Conor Mcgregor is the best 145 lb champion in UFC history because he beat Aldo and then held the belt from Dec 2015 to October 2018.

Bisping did not fight a top 10 MW after winning the belt. This is 100% a fact. By that point Dan Henderson's best years were long behind him when they fought for the second time. Anybody with a pair of eyes and a brain could see this. He was ranked 13 at MW after beating Hector btw.

Even in hindsight Serra's win over GSP is still move impressive.

OK. Credit where credit is due. I went back, reexamined Serra's & Bisping's records. And I thought about it a bit & you're right. Because of who St. Pierre became during his second reign at welterweight & later his win over Bisping for the middleweight title, Serra's reign was more impressive than Bisping's.

OK. Credit where credit is due. I went back, reexamined Serra's & Bisping's records. And I thought about it a bit & you're right. Because of who St. Pierre became during his second reign at welterweight & later his win over Bisping for the middleweight title, Serra's reign was more impressive than Bisping's.

Man I am not trying to disrespect to Bisping here. I think he had a wonderful career with many highs and lows. A lesser fighter would've given up by then. Despite his short comings he made the most of it and become champion.

I don't really blame the guy for avoiding the top contenders and then waiting for GSP. It was his last chance at a big paycheck and he took it. I would have legitimately done the same. However from a purest MMA perceptive it does not look good on his resume

It seems TS is a GSP fanboy who wants to make fun of these two guys. Yeah, we get it, your idol beat them both.

Man I am not trying to disrespect to Bisping here. I think he had a wonderful career with many highs and lows. A lesser fighter would've given up by then. Despite his short comings he made the most of it and become champion.

I don't really blame the guy for avoiding the top contenders and then waiting for GSP. It was his last chance at a big paycheck and he took it. I would have legitimately done the same. However from a purest MMA perceptive it does not look good on his resume

No worries. You made some very good points.

I say Bisping, narrowly. Henderson was a creaky dinosaur when Bisping fought him and I disagree with the decision but Bisping had some good wins before that and lost a close one to Chael who was doing well at the time.

Close though, I wouldn't argue about it lets put it that way

Bisping... The guy actually beat Anderson Silva, despite the cheap (but legal) flying knee whilst Bisping was pointing for his mouthpiece.

It seems TS is a GSP fanboy who wants to make fun of these two guys. Yeah, we get it, your idol beat them both.
I could be wrong but I believe ts usually shits on GSP. Usually these kinds of threads are created with the sole purpose of attempting to discredit GSP’s career. You’ll notice ts referred to both as “lame champs”. Pay attention you’ll catch on.

Bisping for me, had a much longer run in terms of fights in UFC and fought a lot better guys

What value is there in debating "who was the more impressive champion" between two of the worst title reigns in UFC history? Seems like a pointless exercise, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I could be wrong but I believe ts usually shits on GSP. Usually these kinds of threads are created with the sole purpose of attempting to discredit GSP’s career. You’ll notice ts referred to both as “lame champs”. Pay attention you’ll catch on.
Yeah, maybe

Back