Who was the greater pro wrestler, Kurt Angle or The Rock?

What were they?
The hands down single most important ability any wrestler should have: Chainwrestling. Angle had very smooth and stern transitions from one technique to the next. A simple duck-under alone was a sight to behold. The Rock on the other hand had very poor abilities on the mat overall. His headlocks looked loose and lazy and i cannot even remember any noteworthy chainwrestling sequences or proper scrambles in the entirety of his carreer.

Every time I see folks complain about Nickelback it reminds me we've all become pretentious asshats who ruin everything fun by taking the world too seriously.

Still Fuck The Young Bucks though...those fuckers are over the line.
You don't have to "prove" that you don't take professional wrestling "too seriously" unless at some level you do take it too seriously.

Professional wrestling is, in itself, a parody. The fact that the Young Bucks are intentionally parodying professional wrestling shows that they are, at some level, missing that fact.

A lot of AEW guys are like this: they have "spoof" gimmicks to show that they aren't "marks," meanwhile they constantly risk crippling themselves with the dumb shit they do in the ring.

It's an interesting debate as to whether or not pro-wrestling is an art form.

I'd say it checks all the boxes to be considered art. If Broadway theater is art then so is pro wrestling, It's more physical, looks and seems more like a sports competition but it's still people putting on a performance, telling stories, in front of a live audience. Both are art, just for completely different audiences.

Back