Who was the greater pro wrestler, Kurt Angle or The Rock?

Oof.

I'd have to go with Angle.

No one can deny the Rock's mic/promo ability.. and he did react to/play off the crowd very well.

But Kurt Angle was the total package. I'd put Kurt in the top 5 of all time easy. I wouldn't do the same for the Rock.

Cant stand angle in the slightest.

A) Kurt Angle won an Olympic gold medal for the USA with A BROKEN FREAKING NECK.

B) calling people a communist for no real reason is a PWD tradition.

C) WITH A BROKEN FREAKING NECK!

He sucks. Its true, its true.

How weird would it have been to have Rock not leave wrestling and be there during the awful post-brand split years?

main-qimg-12cfd3daa823148e9b794154c62e5bdc

Last edited:
The Rock could work a crowd better,Angle could work the ring better. Both great entertainers though

The Rock at his peak was an all-time great, but he did become stale, especially around the time he was feuding with Hogan.

I'd pick Angle, honestly.

According to my calculations, Rock drew more money.

That makes him the better pro wrestler.

What was better about Angle's ring work? Don't just say x match was great, explain what Angle did that was super great?

I think Angle had nice crisp suplexes, fluid movement, and he could go fast/intense. There's more to wrestling than that.

According to my calculations, Rock drew more money.

That makes him the better pro wrestler.

If you look at pro wrestling as a business and nothing more, then sure. If you look at pro wrestling as an art (which it is), there's a lot more to it than financial profits.

If you look at other forms of art like music and film as just businesses then Nickelback and Michael Bay were two of the best artists of the 00's.

If you look at pro wrestling as a business and nothing more, then sure. If you look at pro wrestling as an art (which it is), there's a lot more to it than financial profits.

If you look at other forms of art like music and film as just businesses then Nickelback and Michael Bay were two of the best artists of the 00's.

It's an interesting debate as to whether or not pro-wrestling is an art form.

I'll present the counter argument. Pro-wrestling's origins were purely commercial. The way it came about is when real wrestlers, "shooters," figured out that they could have more entertaining matches if they "worked" in front of the crowd, and therefore they could attract a larger crowd and make more money. Sometimes, the wrestlers would have the "shoot" match backstage to determine the outcome, and then put on a worked match with more crowd pleasing "spots." Eventually, when promoters got involved, they figured they could make more money still by "booking" crowd pleasing results.

In other words, the entire reason pro-wrestling exists is to generate the largest crowds, and therefore the most revenue possible. So, today, if there is an "art" of pro-wrestling, it is surely related to this raison d'etre.

Pro-wrestling is to actual wrestling as the Ice-Capades are to figure skating; an explicitly and intentionally commercialized derivative.

Or to use your analogy, pro-wrestling is to actual wrestling as the genre of "arena rock" is to music. Now, you can say Nickelback sucks, but you'd have a hard time arguing that they weren't one of the best arena rock bands of the 00's simply because they were one of the biggest bands of the genre, and the whole POINT of the genre is to attract large crowds to large shows.

In other words, we all want to be big rock stars...

Last edited:
Every time I see folks complain about Nickelback it reminds me we've all become pretentious asshats who ruin everything fun by taking the world too seriously.

Still Fuck The Young Bucks though...those fuckers are over the line.

Back