Who was the better fighter at the end of the day? Vitor or Wand?

Wand was just unbelievable utter violence.
Vitor played the mma game better (with the watered down "unified" rules)

Idk man, Vitor was also unbelievable utter violence.

I thought he literally killed Matt LIndland in their fight (not even joking...I thought it was a death. THAT was scarier than anything I've seen Wand do). And he gave Eastman the "goat's vagina" cut. And high kick ko'd Hendo. He was a storm of violence.... just like Wand. Not too many fighters actually WANTED to face guys either of these 2 at their peak. That's part of the reason I have so much respect for guys like Chuck.

Last edited:
Vitor has wins over Franklin, Hendo 2x, Rockhold, Bisping, Wanderlei.
Vitor beat Wanderlei by ko when they both fought, and had a much longer career. Wanderlei had some good wins like Rampage and Hendo, but he also got ko'd by both guys and never really found success in the UFC.

@Mike like I said, these fools have no knowledge of the sport.

The fact that Vitor blitzed doesn't mean it would've happened again. Even if it did, the fact he was a bad match up doesn't make him better either. The TRT resurgence is irrelevant because it was a loophole. The question is who was better. You have to look at who, when and how they beat the competiton. They both have similar losses in:

Chuck
Tito
PED Henderson

They both share wins over common opponents, PED Henderson himself. They both share MMAth wins over each other such as Sakuraba beating Vitor but getting KOd by Wand. They both fought at 185, 205 and HW. Its actually a very interesting question that you cant answer without going to fight finder.

Without looking id say Vitor just because he lost relevancy much later than Wand but Wand has wins over guys i don't if prime Vitor could beat like Arona and Page. So prime for prime idk.

Wanderlei had the better career. Who was Vitor’s best win? Randy?

Wanderlei’s long title reign included wins over Sakuraba, Henderson, and Rampage. Though it was technically a draw, Wanderlei also clearly beat Cro-Cop in their first fight as well. I also think he deserved the win against Hunt, but that is neither here nor there.

Saku would have fought at 170 in the UFC.
Vitor knocked Hendo out twice.
VItor would have beaten young Rampage as well.

Obligatory
fsbelfortkoswanderlei.gif

Shame we've never had a rematch in the last two decades, in Pride, UFC, or Bellator.

Wand.

Vitor was great in his early day and had that resurgence with trt, but wand was the 200 lb champ of pride

Funny, you mention Vitor's trt "resurgence" but neglect to mention how Wand was extremely roided during his entire pride peak.

Seems like i will be in the minority here.
Wand had a better career overall.

And i think he is a better fighter then Vitor.
Wand is not a better grappler,maybe even when they were at their prime at striking .

BUT
Vitor definitely doesn’t have the instinct to be a fighter,he have the tools and the knowledge.I don’t remember him being in a war inside the cage on in a ring(like Wand was in several occasions)and I definitely don’t remember he coming back from a negative situation in a fight and achieving victory either.

That count as a huge negative for me as a fighter.

Wand is the better fighter.

Totally agree!

Because these fools have no knowledge about mma.
Wand was the number one lhw for what, 5 years. At his peak Vitor was never THE guy. In any division he fought in.

Wand was the number one lhw for what, 5 years. At his peak Vitor was never THE guy. In any division he fought in.

Its the same with these idiots n how they talk about how dc or stipe are #1 hw of all time. Like uhhh wtf?

People just spew nonsense on here.

Wanderlei's peak was way higher than any thing Vitor ever achieved in mma.

Its the same with these idiots n how they talk about how dc or stipe are #1 hw of all time. Like uhhh wtf?

People just spew nonsense on here.

Wanderlei's peak was way higher than any thing Vitor ever achieved in mma.

What?? Vitor almost took out the goat.

I think Vitors skills were far higher . Wanderlei was a brawler with some sick knees and was mega roided out.

Vitor has wins over Franklin, Hendo 2x, Rockhold, Bisping, Wanderlei.
Vitor beat Wanderlei by ko when they both fought, and had a much longer career. Wanderlei had some good wins like Rampage and Hendo, but he also got ko'd by both guys and never really found success in the UFC.

Wanderlei beat Pride Hendo and Pride Rampage 2x. Over the hill Hendo, old Franklin and Bisping makes a better resume? Come on

Gotta go with wand

At their peak wand was better

his dominance in pride was just on another level

Wand reached a higher high than Vitor and was the top lhw for a few years straight. Vitor has a much longer career in the top ten.

I go with Wand personally. His Pride run was spectacular

Seems like Wandy burned hotter, but Vitor burned longer. Both can be thanked for their contributions and LOL'd for their cheatin' ways. It was certainly part of the game and so they are part of its history.

Wanderlei beat Pride Hendo and Pride Rampage 2x. Over the hill Hendo, old Franklin and Bisping makes a better resume? Come on
PRIDE Hendo also beat Wanderlei in a rematch as did Rampage 2x. Vitor was a title contender in the UFC for much longer and managed to survive over the course of several eras from the beginning of the UFC all the way to the modern era.

What?? Vitor almost took out the goat.

I think Vitors skills were far higher . Wanderlei was a brawler with some sick knees and was mega roided out.

First, Vitor never fought Fedor.

Secondly, he was just as roided out as Wanderlei.

3rd, his career in terms of accomplishments is a pile of shit compared to Wanderlei's.

Its not even remotely close.

This can't be serious... BAN.

OF COURSE IS WANDERLEI.

Back