Who was the better fighter at the end of the day? Vitor or Wand?

Vitor typically lost to the elite guys he fought (before his TRT roided late career surge), so I gotta go with Wand.

Seems like i will be in the minority here.
Wand had a better career overall.

And i think he is a better fighter then Vitor.
Wand is not a better grappler,maybe even when they were at their prime at striking .

BUT
Vitor definitely doesn’t have the instinct to be a fighter,he have the tools and the knowledge.I don’t remember him being in a war inside the cage on in a ring(like Wand was in several occasions)and I definitely don’t remember he coming back from a negative situation in a fight and achieving victory either.

That count as a huge negative for me as a fighter.

Wand is the better fighter.

Wanderlei had the better career. Who was Vitor’s best win? Randy?

Wanderlei’s long title reign included wins over Sakuraba, Henderson, and Rampage. Though it was technically a draw, Wanderlei also clearly beat Cro-Cop in their first fight as well. I also think he deserved the win against Hunt, but that is neither here nor there.

Vitor has a lot of very good wins, and when he won it was generally by wipeout:

Henderson 2x, Lindland, Rockhold, Franklin, Bisping, Rumble, Wanderlei (obviously).

That’s a lot of really tough guys and numerous champions in that group, and he ran through every single one of them like a hot knife through butter.

The bottom line is that both guys have a lot of losses and a peak form that was chemically enhanced. If they’d fought every two years for their entire careers both guys would surely have multiple wins and multiple losses.

Both guys peaked as ferocious killers, Vitor with more pure talent and Silva with more dog in him. Both at their absolute best I think Vitor is favored.

Wanderlei had the more successful career but I would pick Vitor to beat him at most points in both their careers including today

So I think either opinion is probably valid here

Couture beat his ass twice, he completely dominated him and finished him.

Vitor win over him was a fluke. 40 seconds when Vitor landed good punch but thumb hit the Couture eye.

I think it was the same eye which was injured by Ricco Rodriguez elbow.

I would love to see 2013 Vitor again. He was a killer.

True, BUT we never got to see how Wand matched up with Randy, either. I would've loved to have seen that fight. I have Randy as the favorite.

Vandy fought Hunto .

That's a great point! But it actually further solidifies my point (at least in my eyes) that I would have LOVED to have seen what violence Tank and Wand inflicted upon each other.

I'm not so sure Hunto hit harder than prime Tank. Hunto had a better chin, and was more well rounded. But did he hit harder? idk. Prime Tank hit pretty freakin hard.

Vitor by far Wand just did thug mma and did it well until he started to fall off..

Vitor has a lot of very good wins, and when he won it was generally by wipeout:

Henderson 2x, Lindland, Rockhold, Franklin, Bisping, Rumble, Wanderlei (obviously).

That’s a lot of really tough guys and numerous champions in that group, and he ran through every single one of them like a hot knife through butter.

The bottom line is that both guys have a lot of losses and a peak form that was chemically enhanced. If they’d fought every two years for their entire careers both guys would surely have multiple wins and multiple losses.

Both guys peaked as ferocious killers, Vitor with more pure talent and Silva with more dog in him. Both at their absolute best I think Vitor is favored.

^ well said!

Wand.

Vitor was great in his early day and had that resurgence with trt, but wand was the 200 lb champ of pride

Wand reached the top of his division and organization at a time. Vitor had a higher ceiling in potential but was never consistently dominant like Wand in his prime

Vitor. They both had great careers before the UFC until Wand started looking like shit. Vitor became TRTor and still did well, And now with him out of the UFC, I expect him back on that saucy sauce again

And why do you think so?

It's a simple, straight forward question...but once you begin really thinking about it it's not so simple (I'm not gonna explain why, because I don't want noobs itt).

This thread is for the hardcores. The folks who watched both guys fight at their peaks. The folks who understand the backstories and circumstances for each guy's fights. The folks who know each guy's history.

What say you, sherdog?
TRTitor.

Also, could I please get a pole?
Absolutely. Don't even need to see a pic.

<{jackyeah}>

Vitor. His sound boxing skills made him dangerous, and he probably would've beaten Wanderlei even in Pride, as long as he wasn't on some bullshit like he would be from time-to-time. He was also hard to takedown against the cage by Randy's standards. And he could use grappling offensively, if he saw fit.

Who remembers when this fight was being talked about in like 2012, and the collective census here was that the UFC had gone fucking insane? Probably one of the most agreeable topics this forum ever had lol.

Anyway, all time, probably Wanderlei.

Mods we need a poll here. Reading through this it seems very split between us fans.

Wanderlei obviously had a much better title run (which ranks above Vitor's UFC tournament win too), although that was during some tough years in Vitor's life. Vitor ultimately hit a far higher skill level though.

Back