Who was the better fighter at the end of the day? Vitor or Wand?

I'm Shawn Spencer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And why do you think so?

It's a simple, straight forward question...but once you begin really thinking about it it's not so simple (I'm not gonna explain why, because I don't want noobs itt).

This thread is for the hardcores. The folks who watched both guys fight at their peaks. The folks who understand the backstories and circumstances for each guy's fights. The folks who know each guy's history.

What say you, sherdog?

Vitor. Didn't prime Vitor run right through prime Wandy?

Vitor, vitor had a career resurgence while on TRT. Wand has gone downhill since 2006. Never captured that same essence after Pride closed up shop.

Vitor. Didn't prime Vitor run right through prime Wandy?

Yep. Like a hot knife through butter.

BUT, a very real argument can be made that that wasn't Prime Wand that Vitor faced back then. It can also be said that wasn't prime Vitor, either.

I would've LOVED to have seen a rematch in PRIDE a couple years later. But at that point, Vitor wasn't doing so well (for understandable reasons)..

Last edited:
Yep. Like a hot knife through butter.

BUT, a very real argument can be made that that wasn't Prime Wand that Vitor faced back then.

I would've LOVED to have seen a rematch in PRIDE a couple years later. But at that point, Vitor wasn't doing so well (for understandable reasons)..
Yeah, vitor was scared of wand back then and i heard a rumor that Vitor was crying back stage out of fear before facing Wand because Wand was a fucking animal. I could be wrong but yeah, Vitor cut right through him like a buzzsaw.

Vitor but it’s an interesting question. They didn’t fight similar competition in their respective primes.

Yeah, vitor was scared of wand back then and i heard a rumor that Vitor was crying back stage out of fear before facing Wand because Wand was a fucking animal. I could be wrong but yeah, Vitor cut right through him like a buzzsaw.

I never heard that rumor, but it's possible. I think Vitor was scared to death of Randy after their first fight. And Wand's a lot scarier than Randy (although Randy was scary as hell for anybody that had to face him).

I remember becoming a huge Vitor fan after watching him destroy Tank. I'd seen him vs ferrozo and telligman before that, iirc....but when he was up against Tank I literally remembering feeling bad for this kid, to be thrown into a fight like that. Then he annihilated Tank in like a minute. I've been a fan ever since.

BUT....now that I'm thinking about it.....how amazing would it have been to see Wanderlei vs Tank??? :eek: What would THAT fight have looked like?!!! Can you imagine?

vitor, because he didnt get knocked out by krazy horse.

Obligatory
fsbelfortkoswanderlei.gif

I like Wand but I feel Vitor was a bigger threat to the champions for a larger part of his carreer

Wand looked better when they both had to play fair

Back