Who was more dominant? Roy Jones at 168 or Shane Mosley at 135

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
In my Lifetime, I feel thoses 2 fighters at in thoses division were untouchable.

Before going Up to welterweight (147lbs) to face De La Hoya, Mosley was 34-0-0-31ko's at 135lbs (10 titles defense)

RJJ is one of the greatest ever, but the most title defense for him was at 168 with 8 including His best Win (imo) Vs James Toney who was 44-0-2 at the time.

Both were at some point considered like the #1 fighter P4P during the Time they ruled thoses division.

Who would you Pick ?

Mosley at 135 was terrifying - even his fights at 147 were scary - until he ran in to Forrest's right hand. He was never the same after that fight.

Mosley at 135 was terrifying - even his fights at 147 were scary - until he ran in to Forrest's right hand. He was never the same after that fight.
Forrest was one of those fighters who wasnt great but just had Shane’s number, he’d beat Shane 10 times if they fought 10 times

Forrest was one of those fighters who wasnt great but just had Shane’s number, he’d beat Shane 10 times if they fought 10 times
Yeah for sure.

Always wanted to see Shane vs Tito at 147. I think Tito might have pulled it off but the hand wraps will always cast a shadow.

RJJ without question, his win against Toney alone tooples Shane who although was tearing everybody apart at 135 he never fought the #2 guy at the time who was Stevie Johnston, Shane would have hurt him bad though

You mean until he ran into Forrest's forehead?

RJJ, easy. RJJ put on a masterclass against Toney at 168 and defended against a few other unmemorable names. Shane's best win at 135 is... Leija? Molina? Holliday? Had he fought Johnston or Nazarov, then a case could be made, but he didn't.

Mosley's LW resume isn't all that impressive. It's Jones by a mile.

RJJ without question, his win against Toney alone tooples Shane who although was tearing everybody apart at 135 he never fought the #2 guy at the time who was Stevie Johnston, Shane would have hurt him bad though

I'm not sure if he would have hurt him all that bad. Mosley was still pretty raw at the time, and Johnston was a very good fighter, especially defensively. Mosley would be a clear favourite, but I wouldn't expect Johnston to get blown out.

RJJ and it’s not really close.

Jones. Shane was a killer at 135 but never faced anyone special at the weight.

Mosley's LW resume isn't all that impressive. It's Jones by a mile.
I wouldn't say Roys competition at 168 was all that great either. James Toney being the only real notable opponent. Jones edges it but not by that much at 168 exclusively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back