Who was last night's Color commentator? The LW who Gaetje called out?

Joe Martinez? He's been ring announcing for the UFC for a while now. He's great.

If I am not mistaken, Bruce Buffer owns a company that has the contract with the UFC.
He said so (very long ago) when recounting how he got hired by the UFC.

it could be he hired Martinez to replace him when he can't make it or don't want to travel.

Joe Martinez is awesome. I agree he does a better job than Buffer. Doesn't seem to take him as long to get the main event going

If I am not mistaken, Bruce Buffer owns a company that has the contract with the UFC.
He said so (very long ago) when recounting how he got hired by the UFC.

it could be he hired Martinez to replace him when he can't make it or don't want to travel.

i hope martinez gets taken on full time after buffer. Hopefully buffer retires soon. His voice is so forced.

Dude has been doing some UFC shows for a while, nice style, and he has been around boxing as well, my guess is that he started there, nice addition to the UFC.

Edit: I dont get the hate for Buffer, i mean the dude is over the top, but does a freaking good job that is well suited for the UFC imo, miss the jump tho lol.

Buffer is THE VOICE OF THE OCTAGON, Joe Martinez does a great job, but he is miles away from Bruce. I hope Buffer comes to Buenos Aires for Ultimate Fight Night 140

I will always love Buffer but he is like a robot in there. He never deviates from the script. It's always the same delivery for each fighter. I like how Joe will mix things up and say stuff like "...and STILL undefeated!" And things like that.

Joe has such a great voice too. Joe is so damn good at his job.

WAR JOE MARTINEZ

220px-Joe_A_Martinez.JPG

Former WEC announcer Joe Martinez. Also Golden Boy announcer.

He's been around for years. I miss the glory days of WEC, seemed like every card was great.

Speaking of announcers, what is Jimmy Lennon Jr doing these days?

He's been around for years. I miss the glory days of WEC, seemed like every card was great.

Speaking of announcers, what is Jimmy Lennon Jr doing these days?
Jimmy is still with Showtime and does a lot of boxing cards.

He was the ring announcer for Floyd vs Conor last year

How long has Felder been doing cageside commentary for the UFC? I noticed him on Fight Night 135 and thought he did a pretty decent job.

About a year now.

He's doing great work. I like it.

So TS, who do you want next after this thread?

I prefer the guy that did the yamma event personally.Not sure what happened to him.

does a good job, imo

very plain vanilla, but I don’t need commentators being extra saucy for my sake

I'm pretty sure he studied drama. I think that is a big contributing factor. Most of these guys have the technical knowledge to commentate, but oratory skill beyond talking shit isn't second nature to everyone.

He is very good on commentary. Him , DC, Cruz are top notch.

Back