Who wants to see Ortega vs Rodriguez?

Stalkingsquid

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Slick matchup i think, give Yair a title shot if he wins, Ortega would keep himself in the top 5 if he wins.
Who y'all got?
yair-rodriguez-ufc-fight-night-103.jpg
5ec1b778a4a9e9d8d6ab73ff4bec9cd4.jpg

Would watch.

Rodriguez beats up Ortega for a few rounds and then gets submitted.

I'm in, looks like a pick'em match up to me.

I want to see Ortega take a nice long break where he invests heavily into evolving as a mixed martial artist and avoids as much damage as possible to be able to have a longer career in his prime as a martial artist where skill and athletic ability are not compromised by past injuries and accumulated damage.

I want to see Ortega take a nice long break where he invests heavily into evolving as a mixed martial artist and avoids as much damage as possible to be able to have a longer career in his prime as a martial artist where skill and athletic ability are not compromised by past injuries and accumulated damage.
Yeah, that's not going to happen. The guy has been a pro fighter for this long and he blocks punches with his face. Ortega is going to have a very fun career for a while, but he's also going to get beaten to a pulp. That's just his destiny.

I like this fight, would definitely watch. I think Brian eventually finds and finishes him.

lmao for some reason when i saw this title. All i could think was "god damn ortega got his ass beat"

Yeah, that's not going to happen. The guy has been a pro fighter for this long and he blocks punches with his face. Ortega is going to have a very fun career for a while, but he's also going to get beaten to a pulp. That's just his destiny.

I like this fight, would definitely watch. I think Brian eventually finds and finishes him.
The dude has also been broke most of his career he finally ran into some money and he can invest it in his training and evolve. It is possible it's a thing.

The dude has also been broke most of his career he finally ran into some money and he can invest it in his training and evolve. It is possible it's a thing.
A top three fighter in his late 20s growing by leaps and bounds defensively? I'm not calling it impossible, but I highly doubt it. And for Brian, a huge leap in defense would still be average-at-best.

Big for the division. But also slow for the division. He has however proven he is not only durable, but dangerous even after absorbing significant damage. As long as he has a decided speed disadvantage, he is going to absorb some damage.

A top three fighter in his late 20s growing by leaps and bounds defensively? I'm not calling it impossible, but I highly doubt it. And for Brian, a huge leap in defense would still be average-at-best.
He just has to do it right. It will be expensive to do right.

Fighters usually have a guy come in for a couple months for a few hours a week and change somewhat. He just cant do that. In some cases he might need to go to a new environment where he is surrounded by top level guys and train twice a day 5 plus days a week. Which is what I think he should do for his wrestling.

lol can you imagine Yair getting a shot before Zabit after all the fukkery?

This would be a great UFC on ESPN 4 headliner. Its on par with what they are giving the big ESPN shows; Cain/Ngannou, Gaethje/Barboza, & Yoel/Costa.

Or it would make any ppv great as a 3rd wheel or co-main.

Thats deep

Back