Who wants to see BJ Penn vs Kron Gracie in Japan!

I think BJs BJJ at one point was superior and he was a natural talent who put in the four hardest years of work towards a black belt..... and hasn't done much to progress since. MMA has come a long way on the ground since BK was the best... the avg UFC caliber guy negates BJ's ground game at this point.

True.

Would love to see it but Kron would probably win simply because BJ has looked so lethargic in his older years.

I would like to see this however BJ I think wins the standup. I assume Kron on the ground but BJ is no slouch.

Can't go against Kron Gracie

Good fight at this point in their careers. When penn was at a better phase this fight would be a brutal mismatch due to pens hands. Today with how slow, telegraphed and out of sync penn is I see Gracie holding his own standing and then dominating on the mat.

Penn anywhere near his prime though would have destroyed Gracie 99 times out of a 100 with ease anywhere

Kron's crew would be insane to take that fight. Mad balls if they do.
Why would he? He trains under Cesar Gracie, with the scrap pack... Diaz already beat Penn. Ofc im not saying he would train with Diaz, but probably with that Fat old dude that i don't know the name. He's probably a boxing expert. Also, Penn is far away from his prime. Kron by pulling guard and doing bjj magic.

Good fight at this point in their careers. When penn was at a better phase this fight would be a brutal mismatch due to pens hands. Today with how slow, telegraphed and out of sync penn is I see Gracie holding his own standing and then dominating on the mat.

Penn anywhere near his prime though would have destroyed Gracie 99 times out of a 100 with ease anywhere

I agree, anywhere near his prime.

I'd rather see BJ win this one somehow and call out Aoki or Nick Diaz.

In reality, I know Penn/Diaz wouldn't sign with Rizin.

Like to see UFC sign Kron and put that fight on.

BJ is ripe for the picking. Make the call team Gracie.

Like Rickson vs Funaki, wait til a legend is old and broken down then profit off his name. They should add a bunch of absurd special rule requests that almost cause the fight to get cancelled for the full GJJ experience.

Like Rickson vs Funaki, wait til a legend is old and broken down then profit off his name. They should add a bunch of absurd special rule requests that almost cause the fight to get cancelled for the full GJJ experience.
Welcome to MMA.

Would be insanely interesting if they get in some sort of grappling exchanges mixed with ground and pound.

The reality however is that BJ Penn is a shell of himself.

Kron is off too a great start but i would like too see him in against a striker with good takedown defense too see how he handles getting hit someone like Palomino or someone who's been a belt holder in another org like Buchinger

Penn just got his head kicked in by a prospect and needs to retire. Kron just beat a washed up fighter that was once great in his last fight, enough of this. I'd like to see Kron in Bellator or the UFC personally.

Last edited:
Back