Who wants to end up in a Nursing Home

This is why it's important to have children and raise them right so the family stays tight and supportive.

The younger generation that wants to enjoy life will have to deal with this shit and probably worse.

Care homes have always been horrible places. Worked in one over 20 years ago in the kitchen and serving the residents tea etc. I'd never let one of my parents go into a care home because I know first hand how horrible they can be.

I couldn't watch the video in the OP, if there's one thing I can't stomach it's watching elderly people being mistreated.

Great question. The difference is very simple: wealthy countries no longer have multi-generational homes, whereas poor/developing countries still do. It's a wealth/liberal thing. The more liberal and wealthy a country becomes, the less it cares about the family & community. I responded to @Social Distance Warrior proving how the exact same abandoning-of-the-elderly culture exists in South Korea after he said "Koreans don't abandon their parents", and he ignored me. In fact in South Korea it's even worse, because these elderly Koreans are left to fend completely for themselves in poverty. At least in America, children often pay for their parents to be put in homes/retirement communities.

will respond shortly homie...not in the mindset to have serious conversation just yet.

thank you for your response

My grandparents lived with us when I was little. We would never send them to a home. But we’re Italian American and we don’t send old folks to live in a home

It really seems like a horrible place, unless you can afford a nice one.

Sounds like the caretaker wages are on par with a McDonalds fry guy too!

Almost wonder if prison would be any worse. Surprised there hasnt been a story about some old geezer blasting some abusive attendant.

It really seems like a horrible place, unless you can afford a nice one.

Sounds like the caretaker wages are on par with a McDonalds fry guy too!

Almost wonder if prison would be any worse. Surprised there hasnt been a story about some old geezer blasting some abusive attendant.

People who beat up on a senior citizen in a living facility should be removed from society for the rest of their worthless lives.

The only times you can beat up senior citizens is when they’re driving 15mph in a 25mph zone on a one lane street lol

Fuck. That. So many ways to go out without enduring the abuses of nursing homes while sparring your family the expense.

I would not, and I would not want anyone I care about to end up in one. That video was the worst I've see and I want to stab that bastard in the throat.

This isn't the first video I've seen like this and sadly it most likely won't be the last, oh yah they all have something in common too... weird.
In other cases it's usually the children of the parents setting up cameras to catch them in the act, this dude is just a straight up sadist that needs to be locked away from society for good.

That second video of the elderly woman got me thinking. He seems to be punching her much harder than the original video against the Grandpa. A total of 19 punches are delivered to her.

I'm starting to think this guy is a serial killer. There is no way this guy hasn't killed someone before, he is displaying all of the key signs of one amplified to the extreme. Punching people of this age in the head specifically (19 times for the elderly woman) is murder. Not attempted murder, it's for sure murder. He might not have killed her (This time on camera) But these are absolutely kill shots to a person of this age who is lying down and presumably sleeping while it starts off.

Has anything been released in regards to how long this guy has working in this industry or this specific nursing home? I'm hoping he is a recent hire to this industry and this isn't someone who's been at this for a long time.

That second video of the elderly woman got me thinking. He seems to be punching her much harder than the original video against the Grandpa. A total of 19 punches are delivered to her.

I'm starting to think this guy is a serial killer. There is no way this guy hasn't killed someone before, he is displaying all of the key signs of one amplified to the extreme. Punching people of this age in the head specifically (19 times for the elderly woman) is murder. Not attempted murder, it's for sure murder. He might not have killed her (This time on camera) But these are absolutely kill shots to a person of this age who is lying down and presumably sleeping while it starts off.

Has anything been released in regards to how long this guy has working in this industry or this specific nursing home? I'm hoping he is a recent hire to this industry and this isn't someone who's been at this for a long time.
What happens when an elderly person in these homes has exhausted all of their wealth and a bed needs to be freed up for someone with money? Does government jusy pay for this person? I honestly dont know how this all works.

......please dont put your family in these places, folks.

I'm hoping by the time I have to worry about it they're full of virtual reality machines and "augmented" android nurses.

......please dont put your family in these places, folks.
You seriously expect us to marginally reduce our leisure hours in order to take care of our close family when they need our assistance the most?

Come on, bro. Get real.

saw this video this morning...

absolutely disgusting...

and this mother fucker recorded it...I wonder how many other recordings he has had...and how many others he has permanently injured, maybe even killed.

oh, in before mod dump, or merge....you know why
Indeed. That dude needs to swing. People that have trust and use it to abuse should have the book thrown at them and this guy may have caused deaths too.

Nursing homes are not an aspect of American culture that we should be proud of. If your parents took care of you when you were growing up, I think it is your responsibility to take care of them in their old age. We need to get back to that sentiment, because there are too many stories of elder abuse in these facilities. My girlfriend grew up with her grandmother and grandfather living with them, and they were comfortable and around loved ones right up until the day they died. I've been lucky enough to have relatively healthy grandparents who lived in their own homes near their families until they passed away. If there comes a time when my parents cannot care for themselves or their own home, I will be adding an in-law suite and they'll be right here.

That being said, I know for a fact there are some great facilities with amazing people. But the way you have to roll the dice is terrifying.
That'll work for a while. But people live so long nowadays that you can't do that forever. That sentiment was a thing when people died at 70. My grandmother lived on a bed and couldn't even roll over for like 20 years straight, no eyesight, and couldn't even talk. That's not rare nowadays. That person requires someone to be next to them 24/7. You either don't work (in which case, no house) or put them in a nursing home. Maybe my grandmother was an extreme case.

But wait until your parent starts wandering out in the streets, getting lost, etc. That happens to everyone that doesn't die of cancer or heart disease first. And then you simply can't care for that person yourself.

As for me or my parents. Need to have a talk. If one if us can't be taken care by our own family, then stop all life lengthening medications, and start living really hard, and make the last 6 moths less awful. Would hate to be a home for years just wasting away. Get drunk and have an ice cream diet and go out in a blaze

Back