Who Voted for Trump?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
Well that's something else. I disagree but oh well.

What about what I said? Got an opinion?
Yeah I think both parties have elements that are too radical. We should all be more trying to meet in the middle instead of trying to destroy the opposing party.

As an aside, can you point to the last time a person of color on here called you a cracker, let alone referred to white people as a whole as crackers?

The only derogatory name I've ever been called by a black person was, funnily enough, "n****r". I was walking down International in Oakland with my headphones in - which admittedly was just a dummy thing to do but it was the middle of the day in a highly trafficked area and I thought I could be a little lax on the vigilance. Anyway, I was walking down the sidewalk and my assumption is that this guy was riding up behind me on the sidewalk and yelling at me to get out of the way. I didn't hear him, so as he passed me he slapped on me on the back (not even in a "mother fucker" kind of way, just a slap on the back like I just hit a home run or something) and when I took my headphones out I heard him yell back at me "dumbass n****er!"

City people are more likely to want big govt and big regulations.

Rural people want freedom.

And the battle seems to be this.

This would be really difficult to prove. Rural residents want freedom, but city dwellers don't? Where's your source for this? Anyway...

In the context of the data in the OP, the following is much more likely: Cities are going to have a higher percentage of college graduates and/or post graduate degrees. This is because you're forced to move to a city if you want to a have career that can progress to a high level. Rural communities will have a higher concentration of HS grads or those with some college (but not a degree). This would explain the overindexed Hillary votes both in urban and college educated voters, as opposed to the overindex in Trump votes in lower education levels and rural habitat.

Yeah I think both parties have elements that are too radical. We should all be more trying to meet in the middle instead of trying to destroy the opposing party.
I don't think we can meet in the middle on some of this stuff.

I don't think the righty's went right. I think they stayed or moved a little left actually the last 10 years.

And as I've said, I think the left went waaaay left the last 10 years.

The mid terms are for House and Senate seats only.

The Presidential election is only once every 4 years.

They're called midterms because they happen 2 years into the President's term.

Trump isn't up for election for another 2 years.

I mean, I gave a like to this because its accurate and told without snark, but did someone posting in the war room really not know that Trump is not up for election this round?

Looks like a trick to get the names of people who voted for trump to turn them over to CNN or another major media outlet (who, of course, only has the best intentions for America in mind :rolleyes:) and have them targeted for harassment and ridicule and attempt to make them lose their jobs. Dont fall for this cheap ploy.
Of course that’s not as bad as getting anti-Trumpers to pretend they voted Trump and sticking them on a tv panel
<31>

the choice was between an emotionless robot with government exp, or a orange nimrod reality show host....for president of the United States.
i voted for the robot, like a sane person.
Pretty poor programming of that robot that can’t help committing crimes.

This would be really difficult to prove. Rural residents want freedom, but city dwellers don't? Where's your source for this? Anyway...

In the context of the data in the OP, the following is much more likely: Cities are going to have a higher percentage of college graduates and/or post graduate degrees. This is because you're forced to move to a city if you want to a have career that can progress to a high level. Rural communities will have a higher concentration of HS grads or those with some college (but not a degree). This would explain the overindexed Hillary votes both in urban and college educated voters, as opposed to the overindex in Trump votes in lower education levels and rural habitat.
I can't edit that post.

City voters vote democrat and big govt. There's tons of regulations. You can't do anything on your property. Can't do this, can't do that without a citation or breaking some local law.

In rural areas, we do what we want pretty much. If I want to shoot, I shoot. If I want to grow a garden, I do it. If I want an above ground pool, I put one up. I don't have the city democrats coming by to give me citations for any of that stuff.

I'd bet something like 95%+ of Trump's voters fall into one or more of four buckets

- Group that is worried about losing status to immigration and/or foreign countries (like China)
- Group that wanted to stick it to elites and just take a wrecking ball to the system
- People that are very poorly informed and fell for false narratives and conspiracy theories
- Potentially related to the first bullet, but just flat out racist assholes

I'll grant that there are legitimately conservative people that will simply vote conservative for policy and SCJ, but they fall into the minority I think. Of course there are intelligent conservatives that are never Trumper types (WR has a few).

The point I am making is there is no intelligent, rational defense of Trump.
How about a job and economic livelihood? Something he appears to have come good on.

cut off all corporate funding?

who said that?

the specific issue is funding from fossil fuels companies, nobody is saying they need to 86 the money from Silicon Valley

my main pt was this was a perfect depiction of why they lost many Bernie voters/progressives in the run up, the corporate shilling was too obvious w/ Clinton. And apparently is continuing to be their stated objective, good luck w/ that!

That’s the logical conclusion of your argument (you can’t take money from corps if you are advocating for the regulation of them). We could make the exact same case with finance and many other corps/industry in general as with oil.

Just becuase the Dems are not putting the foxes in the hen house does not preclude them from having some financial connections with them, especially if they want to have a level electoral playing field.

I grant your point that this approach cost some progressive votes last election, that’s a far cry from it being some big “gotchya” contradiction when compared to the massive BS I listed wrg to the Republican Party. I mean there is shilling and then there is SHILLING and the contrast is clear.

Thanks for sharing that. Not many liberal guys admit it here when we ask them.

I would have (I am a resident only can’t vote, I intend to show up in a burka for the mid terms so they can’t tell I’m using fake photo I’d :) ).

I can't edit that post.

City voters vote democrat and big govt. There's tons of regulations. You can't do anything on your property. Can't do this, can't do that without a citation or breaking some local law.

In rural areas, we do what we want pretty much. If I want to shoot, I shoot. If I want to grow a garden, I do it. If I want an above ground pool, I put one up. I don't have the city democrats coming by to give me citations for any of that stuff.

This is why I think government should be decentralized as much as possible. Because you're wrong. And they're wrong. Or, put differently, you're right and they're right.

You're rural, so there is more square-feet per person than in the city. If you go into your backyard and fire your gun, there are good odds there's a lot of distance between you and your nearest neighbor.

But someone who lives in close proximity to their neighbors (be it smaller plots of land or condos) wouldn't want people discharging their firearms for recreation or training despite being on their own "personal property". The liability is too high. Fire a weapon with 10,000 people within range and you're more likely to hit a someone than if there was only 2 people within range.

I actually want to move to a more rural area for the reasons you suggested. But I'd never suggest that someone should be able to fire to gun inside their downtown-located duplex for recreation. For the same reasons, I don't have a problem with rural roads being absent speed limits. However, I absolutely think all city streets should have speed limits that are adhered to. The environments are drastically different, why shouldn't the laws be different to reflect that?

That's the bigger issue I think. City dwellers choose the democrats because it actually makes more sense from their perspective. Rural voters choose republicans for the same reason. The issue is that, at a state or federal level, these people start to represent all of us. But at the municipality level it makes a lot of sense why people vote the way they do.

I realize you're not American and thus likely not familiar with our racial nomenclature, and it's not a big deal, but "blacks" or referring to a person as "a black" is generally frowned upon.

No it isn't you absolute kook.

As a Latino immigrant, I went with the Trumpster. Hillary falling all over the place and having boxes and shit duck taped to her back didn’t help. Also when madonna offered blowjobs to Hillary voters....my vote was sealed

giphy.gif

Free blowjobs from the crypt keeper. The election outcome was all Madonna's fault.

No it isn't you absolute kook.

You still haven't been banned yet?

Anyways, if you refer to black people as "blacks" and to a black man as "a black," then that's your prerogative. It will make you sound obtuse and awkward. But I'm kind of getting the feeling that most of your social interactions are a bit strained and uncomfortable.

I don't think we can meet in the middle on some of this stuff.

I don't think the righty's went right. I think they stayed or moved a little left actually the last 10 years.

And as I've said, I think the left went waaaay left the last 10 years.
The right went batshit crazy after Obama was elected with the tea party or whatever they're calling themselves now under guys like Jordan and Nuñez. You might have some bias there if you feel the far right are centrists.

Back