Who Voted for Trump?

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
Good list but vastly underplays the establishment (with the exception of the never trumpers who were a real minority, sold their souls) and simple republican tribalists (who overlap with the establishment and your other groups). You also leave out those that could not stand Hilary.

Your wrecking ball comment is spot on, troll vote was huge.

Also @PolishHeadlock, personally responsible for trump’s victory
Yeah, I'd lump in the establishment with "elites" but I should have clarified.

I guess it also depends on why those folks couldn't stand Hillary. Normal dislike of politicians? Or belief in bullshit stories about her?

Honestly, it's hard to blame the DNC given the fundraising landscape. How are they supposed to compete with the RNC, which is taking in millions hand over fist from every business interest group there is?

There's this ludicrous double standard now, where if the DNC operates at 1% the level of apparent corruption of the RNC it's suddenly a wash between two equally corrupt parties. It's insane.

One party backtracks on contributions from big oil, the other appoints perhaps the most industry aligned corrupt oil sucking MFer to the head of the EPA in modern history......

Those corporate Dems derp!!!!!!!!

July 18 join date. Looks like a troll account to me. Regardless, sorry to hear it.

That’s the the latest of his accounts, look at the shit he posted under the names leklok and pacifikan.

One party backtracks on contributions from big oil, the other appoints perhaps the most industry aligned corrupt oil sucking MFer to the head of the EPA in modern history......

you're not being serious right?

the GOP doesn't give two shits about the environment, nor the EPA. That was the entire point of putting Pruit there, and Perry in Energy, and DeVos in DoE........

How is that remotely like the DNC taking money from fossil fuel companies? who supports climate change legislation in general.......
they might as well start taking NRA money next, cmon

the equivalency would be the RNC taking money from say an Islamic Immigration PAC

I guess it also depends on why those folks couldn't stand Hillary. Normal dislike of politicians? Or belief in bullshit stories about her?

Well the pizza gate types are kind off in a league of their own. Your average Moran just does not get that deep into these things so the groups we mentioned kinda overlap in many ways.

But even if you were turned off by trump, Hilary as a politician was not likable, and that’s a combo of hit pieces, her own abilities/look/appeal, a dash of sexism, etc. Bill is much more likable for example and prob would have won many uncomfortable trump votes that Hilary turned off.

A 30 year successful disinformation campaign to turn Hillary into the antichrist, plus Hillary just did not come off as likable on camera.

I’m with you 100%. Look how fucking crazy the left is.....I don’t think they should be leading the country. Not at all.
It's the far left and the far right. Where are all the moderates? Extremism is causing a lot of problems for us but it seems people only want to badmouth the opposing party and make excuses for their own radicals.

That’s the the latest of his accounts, look at the shit he posted under the names leklok and pacifikan.

I literally don't think I'd ever seen any of those accounts post. He must participate in threads I don't venture into.

It may just be impossible for political parties to properly function in a country where the citizens can't keep their eye on the ball =(

It's the far left and the far right. Where are all the moderates? Extremism is causing a lot of problems for us but it seems people only want to badmouth the opposing party and make excuses for their own radicals.
Trump isn't really a conservative. I think Trump is a moderate.

And I think the Democrats went way left. So it makes it seem like Trump is way right when he's not. Democrats were saying some of his positions 15 -20 years ago.

you’re either a bot or an idiot with no self respect

so piss off either way

Ah no I often state here that I was born in Cuba and immigrated in the 90’s. No self-respect? Ha please humor me on why you think I’m a bot or have no self respect?

you're not being serious right?

the GOP doesn't give two shits about the environment, nor the EPA. That was the entire point of putting Pruit there, and Perry in Energy, and DeVos in DoE........

How is that remotely like the DNC taking money from fossil fuel companies? who supports climate change legislation in general.......
they might as well start taking NRA money next, cmon

the equivalency would be the RNC taking money from say an Islamic Immigration PAC

That’s silly.

The RNC tries to maintain with a straight face that it cares about the working poor while it passes upper tier tax cuts, cares about the environment (clean coal lol), and wants more wealth for everyone (trickle down). The Rs scream for austerity during a recession and then double down on deficit spending during an economic boom while showing off about the 4% gdp growth. And you want to give them a pass on all that ideologically hypocritical crap and hang the dem party out to dry becuase it has not become the Green Party?

Just because we only have one party that by your own admission, is at all serious about environmental regulation, does not mean it should unilaterally disarm itself by cutting off all corporate funding. The Dems also want more regulation on finance, while the republicans are scaling it back, should the Dems take no money from banks? The Dems also want to maintain consumer protections, should they never take any money from corporations that sell things to consumers?

It sounds like you think only the morally bankrupt party should have a right to be blatant bs’ers while they ride a corporate funded campaign advantage and the party that dares to talk about even about moderate regulation should campaign with zero resources, thus helping to ensure those regs never come to fruition.

Trump isn't really a conservative. I think Trump is a moderate.

And I think the Democrats went way left. So it makes it seem like Trump is way right when he's not. Democrats were saying some of his positions 15 -20 years ago.
Trump is just corrupt. He says or does whatever will get him votes so he can stay in power.

That’s silly.

The RNC tries to maintain with a straight face that it cares about the working poor while it passes upper tier tax cuts, cares about the environment (clean coal lol), and wants more wealth for everyone (trickle down). The Rs scream for austerity during a recession and then double down on deficit spending during an economic boom while showing off about the 4% gdp growth. And you want to give them a pass on all that ideologically hypocritical crap and hang the dem party out to dry becuase it has not become the Green Party?

Just because we only have one party that by your own admission, is at all serious about environmental regulation, does not mean it should unilaterally disarm itself by cutting off all corporate funding. The Dems also want more regulation on finance, while the republicans are scaling it back, should the Dems take no money from banks? The Dems also want to maintain consumer protections, should they never take any money from corporations that sell things to consumers?

It sounds like you think only the morally bankrupt party should have a right to be blatant bs’ers while they ride a corporate funded campaign advantage and the party that dares to talk about even about moderate regulation should campaign with zero resources, thus helping to ensure those regs never come to fruition.
cut off all corporate funding?

who said that?

the specific issue is funding from fossil fuels companies, nobody is saying they need to 86 the money from Silicon Valley

my main pt was this was a perfect depiction of why they lost many Bernie voters/progressives in the run up, the corporate shilling was too obvious w/ Clinton. And apparently is continuing to be their stated objective, good luck w/ that!

Back