Who the hell is this Neal guy?

He was signed out of the Contender Series, which is actually fucking awesome. Seriously, that series has far exceeded any expectations. Consistently great fights and it's helped discover some real gems. Sean O'Malley is the prime example, but Neal just showed he wasn't the only one.

Fortis mma is producing some talent Byrd is there's too. He looked good until he got KO'd. Had Stewart all fucked up.

He was signed out of the Contender Series, which is actually fucking awesome. Seriously, that series has far exceeded any expectations. Consistently great fights and it's helped discover some real gems. Sean O'Malley is the prime example, but Neal just showed he wasn't the only one.

Did he win the contender series? I'm not even sure if you can "win" it, I haven't watched but I assume it is a tournament style like tuf.

Had no idea he came from that show. Thanks for the info. You're 100% correct, I can't believe the quality of talent fights and talent it has produced.

Neal's a far superior prospect than O'Malley, IMO.

O'Malley's more sizzle than steak.

Shit I really don't know what Camacho was thinking. After Neal missed that headkick in the first round, he shouldve just started going full wall n stall. I was looking straight at the TV and still missed it.

Last edited:
Shit I really don't know what Camacho was thinking. After Neal missed that headkick in the first round, he shouldve just started going full wall n stall.

Gotta be able to close the distance first. Neal punished him every time he came forward.

Did he win the contender series? I'm not even sure if you can "win" it, I haven't watched but I assume it is a tournament style like tuf.

Not a tournament. Each event consists of 5 fights held in the TUF gym in front of their friends and family, and depending on their performances, only a few are given a UFC contract. Some events have had only one fighter get signed, some have had four. What this does is causes the fighters to fight very aggressively, and the fights are fantastic. There have been, what, 16 events? And probably 12-14 of them have been really, really good.

Some of the guys who don't get a contract are later signed to step in on short notice when someone drops out of a fight on a UFC card. Kevin Holland is a recent example of that. Even Holland, who didn't get a contract out of the show, impressed basically everyone in his UFC debut.

Last edited:
As a fellow chamorro it was hard watching Frank go down but I'm not surprised. He's just a brawler and Neal is a beassst.

Not a tournament. Each event consists of 5 fights held in the TUF gym in front of their friends and family, and depending on their performances, only a few are given a UFC contract. Some events have had only one fighter get signed, some have had four. What this does is causes the fighters to fight very aggressively, and the fights are fantastic. There have been, what, 16 events? And probably 12-14 of them have been really, really good.

Some of the guys who don't get a contract are later signed to step in on short notice when someone drops out of a fight on a UFC card. Kevin Holland is a recent example of that. Even Holland, who didn't get a contract out of the show, impressed basically everyone in his UFC debut.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a great system to find new talent for sure.

I didn't know who holland was, but his performance against santos impressed the hell out of me. He was very slick on the ground.

A bit disappointed he was already 28 when I looked it up.. looked it though.

Dunno but he's a fking beast.

I think I was like everyone else watching him and going......WHOA! Very impressive and getting better every time

Back