Who the f**k beats Wonderboy now?

Finishing Hendricks in 1st round should be an automatic title shot for any WW.

Yeah, Lawler has great power and a fantastic chin, but he's plodding and very hittable. He absorbs heaps of damage in just about every fight he's in. Wonderboy would dance around him and make him look really bad en route to a T/KO, not unlike the fight we just saw.

Good points, however, comparing their competition, and styles, it's difficult to predict this would look anything like the fight last night.

I don't see anyone making Lawler look bad at this point in time. Yeah he's hittable, but Robbie and will not be shooting for tds or clinching, he will setup powerful counters and has excellent timing on most of those. Completely different approach than Rigg.

Wonderboy has the speed advantage and better footwork and overall striking repertoire but I'm quite skeptical on claim he will make The Ruthless One look bad and finish him. Ruthless is extremely well rounded and at his pinnacle.

Great fight to make. I do agree with prior posts that Rory and Condit probably are tougher matchups for Wonderboy. I'm really excited Thompson is shining.

WTF is Tyron and especially Demian going to do to Wonderboy?

Rory has a shot. I wouldnt count Robbie out tho i think hed be clear underdog
Have we seen Thompson stop a power double from a guy like Woodley? I dont believe so...Maia would be interesting. If Maia gets a clinch, he's in trouble. If it goes to the ground, Maia beats him.

And why would Robbie be the clear underdog? How much are you talking? And no, Robbie opens up as a favorite in that fight.

lol USADA Lombard probably looks Maia.

KCgPSZe.jpg
Lmao, jusT Lmao

Wonderboy is the MAN! Put him against anyone and he will dismantle them

Wonderboy vs Robbie, Rory, or Condit would be great fights. Really, any fight between any of those 4 guys would be great.

I'm glad to see Hendricks out of the title picture, and I can't help but laugh when he blames his sparring partners. When's it gonna be *your* fault, Johny?

Would love to see a rematch between him and Brown. Or him vs Condit could be pretty damn good too, although I do see him losing both

Diaz is an interesting match,

Also Maia has been able to cling to fighters like a barnacle lately so he might be able to make it interesting.

Robbie only wants to stand and trade punches.. He's the perfect opponent for Thompson to pick apart style wise. He's got a granite chin but Thompson will test it while avoiding damage.

I predict Wonderboy defeating Lawler.

Then Matt Brown steps in after he defeats Maia for the next shot for a decisive take down elbow slashing victory.

I'm just glad the WW division is starting to heat up again.

Rory could give him some trouble due to his length and reach and his striking is pretty good but not as good as Wonderboy's, none of them have his timing, range control, footwork, creativity, precision and versatility in their standup. If you just rush in on him you'll get countered because Wonderboy has good boxing too and he's also good at kicking off of his lead foot and not just his rear and tricky stance switching with unorthodox attacks his opponents aren't used to dealing with. He knows how to use angles well also.

Lawler would get knocked out and his wrestling is nowhere near good enough to threaten Wonderboy. Tyron's wrestling is good but the guy is small, compact and short with only big power but very basic striking like Johny has.

Wonderboy is a future champ and there's no question about it. He will hold the belt, it's just a question of when, and I see it being sooner than later.

I think Robbie has a good shot. The kicks would give him trouble, but he'd have the advantage in close.

Wonderboy tends to flurry with continuous straight punches and little head movement, so I can see Lawler tagging him on the counter.

How the fuck do you know all this? Have you seen Thompson toy with these guys in the gym? How could you possibly be so confident after a lopsided 4 minute win.Come on man

Brendan Schaub said when they first brought Wonderboy in to train with them they had to close the gym to the public during sparring cos he was murking them so bad in the standup, of course it's different if someone can work their grappling on him.

Lawler has taken alot of shots in his career, but I think Wonderboy just might put him in the sanatorium for good.

Weidman when he cuts down to 170 after Rockhold beats him up again. :D
Weidman and wonderboy probably wouldnt ever agree to fight each other.

If you know why, then it makes sense. If not.... just know they wouldnt.

I think Maia is the guy with the best chance.

Hendricks did NOT look good last night. That being said, I think Wonderboy matches up really well with Lawler and it's a very winnable fight.

Back