Who should Rizin Light Heavyweight Champion Jiri Prochazka Get in His UFC Debut?

I like the glover fight, but I’m totally down to see Rockhold KO’d again as well.

maybe Rockhold then Glover? It would give him a cushy entry while building his credibility

LOL at Corey, Misha or Glover.

This guy has the style to become an instant fan favorite but his grappling is questionable.

Put him against another brawler with zero concerns about his brain health and let them bang. Ain't nobody wants to see him get grapplefucked.

<{JustBleed}>

If he manages to win a few then yes, test his wrestling.

LOL at Corey, Misha or Glover.

This guy has the style to become an instant fan favorite but his grappling is questionable.

Put him against another brawler with zero concerns about his brain health and let them bang. Ain't nobody wants to see him get grapplefucked.

<{JustBleed}>

If he manages to win a few then yes, test his wrestling.

Haha just bleed! Really though if he can’t defend a takedown what’s the point? I agree he can be a fan favorite

An org with top contenders like CB Dolloway, let jiri have a soft ufc debut even great fighters are sometimes off stepping into the big leagues.
Should face a Clark, Roundtree or Alvey to start.
isn't roundtree retired now?

Looks like a entertaining fighter.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...n-Jiri-Prochazka-to-Exclusive-Contract-168821

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jiri-Prochazka-97529

News broke last night that the UFC has signed Rizin LHW Champ Jiri Prochazka. Who do you guys think he should get in his debut?

I don't watch much Rizin outside of highlights and this guy is a KO machine. That said, he really has not faced anywhere near the level of competition he will be up against in the UFC. This is no fault of his, he has just beat up who they put in front of him. He avenged his one Rizin lost against King Mo with a TKO of his own.

Personally I think Glover would be a great measuring stick to see if Jiri is ready for top ten competition in the UFC. That might be biting off more than he can chew.

What do you guys think?

Edit: Highlights posted on this thread by 1pedestrian

The Walker vs Krylov winner

Nikita Kryolv or Misha Cirkunov imo.

I understand this is a bad man and with his credentials and history, he does deserve a top 15 fight, especially since the division is so weak but I don't think any UFC debutee should be given a top 5 opponent.

his credentials are meh, he has some wins over some good fighters, but nobody great. Obv King Mo recently isn't great, a few years ago it would have been nicer (like when they fought first time) but he has potential. He has brutal power and a solid striking skill set but, the cage is very different than the ring, I'm not sure he's ready for technically sound fighters at their peaks, who can also wrestle.

I'm hoping he will do well, but, of all of the champs that they have signed from other promotions (bigger promotions I should say), he's one of the ones I feel is still very green and has a ways to go before he hits his peak. I'd rather he not get bludgeoned on the way.

Let him feast on TOP 3 UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT Anthony Smith

Haha just bleed! Really though if he can’t defend a takedown what’s the point? I agree he can be a fan favorite
There are like 500 fighters on the roster. 95% of them will never sniff a titleshot.

We are being fed thousands of generic wrestleboxer vs wrestleboxer fights doing pointfighting sloppy kickboxing. I swear to god all of those guys look the same for me.

Give Jiri a few fun fights. I'm rooting for him but I think he will be the kind of guy that wins a few, gets some hype, and gets put in his place by the to guys just to start over again.

23 KO's.... 21 of which are in the first round... Impressive

Yeah it is impressive. The highlights I have seen are all ready. Even the one where he got KOed it was fun to watch. I am looking forward to what he can do against the best. He's still only 27 too. Should have plenty of years left in him.

Back