Who Should Nunes Fight Next?

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think she should fight Pena: Pena has won all her UFC fights and she just beat Cat Zingano, so she's definitely the most deserving of a title shot, in my opinion. I would say Valentina, too,but she lost to Nunes. It's great that she beat Holly, but she shouldn't be able to fight for the belt after losing to the current champ a few months ago. I think she needs another fight before she can fight for the title.

Does it matter?

It boils down to if the Queen of Chicken Wings is ready or not. Not sure how she's going to cut down from 200+ to 135 though so we might be in for a long wait.

Maybe she could face Cyborg on the way back down? Remember the reason she didn't fight Cyborg before? "Oh the weight class, oh this title belt" bla bla bla - well nows your chance...

Pena should be next for the belt or give it to Holly...I love Holly.

Whoever she is told ... Picking fights makes it look like they are fighting out of greed not out of passion !!! And we all know what it does when then when to make big bucks for 1 fight .

pena. honda isnt coming back so there is no reason to wait

Here's a novel idea. How about the #1 contender.

she's been calling out rousey... she want the BIG bucks also

In this day and age of primadonna "champions" with NO TOTLE DEFENSES to their name, pretty much anyone she calls for.

*Cough* Alvarez, Bisping, Woodley *Cough*

Nunes as a champion > Tate & Holm as a champion combined, maybe she is not that attractive but she comes to finish the fight, not 'ish, ish'

Nunes as a champion > Tate & Holm as a champion combined, maybe she is not that attractive but she comes to finish the fight, not 'ish, ish'

I agree with you on this, despite the obvious duck of a rematch with Schevenko.
Pena has literally beaten no one worth mention, Val just beat the #2 fighter in the division.
4 wins against middling fighters, all of which are lower caliber than anyone Schev has faced in the UFC.
Absolute embarrassing technical domination of the fighter who upset Rousey, and close but clear loss against Nunes.
I would love to see this fight, even though I think Nunes would win through her grappling.

Back