Who should Miocic fight next? Travis Browne?

Kelman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviously it would violate the utterly meaningless and pointless fake rule about winner vs winner and loser vs loser, but this would be a great fight to make I think.

Both have had a hard loss in the UFC (Miocic v Struve, Browne v Werdum) but both have shown in other fights that they have the skills to become title challengers at some point. I say throw them in together and see who is for real.

I guess the only other decent options for Miocic would be:

- wait for JDS (which is not ideal, as it could involve a longish wait, plus JDS would demolish Miocic anyway)
- Bigfoot (hasn't won a fight since Feb 2013)
- Overeem (already lost to both Browne and Bigfoot)
- Barnett (stock seems low after being beaten so badly by Browne)
- Schaub (ranked lower than Miocic as it is)

I'd go with Browne for sure, with Bigfoot as the second choice.

Browne vs JDS
Miocic vs Reem
Barnett vs Schaub/Arlovski loser, or Rothwell.

JDS would not 'demolish' Stipe

He DUCKED stipe

Stipe fights someone higher ranked than him and if he wins he gets a title shot. No if ands or buts

I am not sure he would be able to catch jds to get him down but no doubt a wrestling and grappling and take down game plan would be the only option but it would be awesome to watch them both golden glove box each other but stipe would never do that ;)

bigfoot/hunt/overeem/barnett are good choices for now

He DUCKED stipe

He has a broken bone??

Stipe fights someone higher ranked than him and if he wins he gets a title shot. No if ands or buts

I would agree with this. If he beats Browne or even Bigfoot or Barnett, I'd give him a shot at the gold.

Struve already destroyed Stipe, let Stipe fight JDS like originally slated.

He has a broken bone?.

Source? I never found anything that said this

Actually the news stories were saying he had an 'injured left thumb'

If somethin was broken we would have seen an x ray

JDS ducked stipe imo

He got destroyed by Cain Valesquez, who is overated himself. That is why Cormier dropped to LHW cause he knows he would dethrone him and didnt want to do that. Stiopic can beat JDS but neither one are that great. If Jones moves up he beats them all. These others are so one dimensional, tske away JDS boxing and he is worthless. And Cain proved JDS boxing is not that great either unless you just stand in front of him. Heavyweight division is weak , nothing but rematches of same boring fighters...

He got destroyed by Cain Valesquez, who is overated himself. That is why Cormier dropped to LHW cause he knows he would dethrone him and didnt want to do that. Stiopic can beat JDS but neither one are that great. If Jones moves up he beats them all. These others are so one dimensional, tske away JDS boxing and he is worthless. And Cain proved JDS boxing is not that great either unless you just stand in front of him. Heavyweight division is weak , nothing but rematches of same boring fighters...

So everyone currently at HW is overrated? Ok bucko

Source? I never found anything that said this

Actually the news stories were saying he had an 'injured left thumb'

If somethin was broken we would have seen an x ray

JDS ducked stipe imo

Nah, that's complete balljuice.

JDS has fought Cain Velasquez three times, has signed to fight Alistair Overeem twice, has signed to fight Brock Lesnar, and has beat the shit out of Shane Carwin and Mark Hunt and Werdum and many more.

He is patently not afraid of any heavyweight in the world. Especially not a guy who got obliterated by Stefan Struve (who JDS KO'd with ease).

He DUCKED stipe

:icon_conf

Are you from Ohio or Croatia?

LOL if it were that easy, don't u think he would've done that by now?
Even prime Silva moved up in weight to destroy low tier LHW, but he dared not challenge for the LHW title cos he knew the top tier of that div would man handle him, just like the top tier of HW would man handle Jones.

I suggest u remove Jones testicles from your mouth (along with the pubes stuck between your teeth) before ever voicing your opinion ever again!

He got destroyed by Cain Valesquez, who is overated himself.

People really need to calm down with this overuse of the term 'overrated'. How the hell can Cain Velasquez be overrated. He is extremely highly rated because he has EARNED it. He is rated appropriately - as the undisputed number 1 heavyweight on planet Earth, and a legit threat to one day become the heavyweight GOAT (if he can keep beating the top guys impressively for another few years). He's a special fighter, and it's silly to deny or downplay this now.

Even prime Silva moved up in weight to destroy low tier LHW, but he dared not challenge for the LHW title cos he knew the top tier of that div would man handle him, just like the top tier of HW would man handle !
Do you have a source where Silva said that he would lose to LHW champ? Also diggin the earthworm Jim name

Back