Who should Melendez's first opponent in the UFC be?

Well Melendez looked terrible in his last fight against Thomson

When you fight your friend and common training partner for the 3rd time? You tend to not be as motivated.

More importantly, Gil won, and Josh Thomson is really friggn good.

When Thomson comes to the UFC and starts taking out some of the best in the division? Will we chalk it up to them suddenly, and coincidentally looking terrible?

Boy I can't wait to watch all of this unfold.

i don't really care about melendez. i don't care if he losses 3 and gets cut. so i don't know where you're coming from. you spend a little too much time on here.

i personally don't care for maynard. he doesn't finish fights. he had two title shots and failed and he hasn't done anything in 2012. i'm not even sure why his name is being mentioned. gilbert is a champ, albeit a strikeforce champ, and he deserves the chance to unify the belts. if he doesn't get that then he should get the contender fight. there are many in front of maynard. so......go hug maynard's nutsack?
"many in front of Maynard"? Who, einstein?
Cain failed, right?
I doubt if your approval will be solicited before the UFC hands out Title Shots.
Not meaning to diminish the lofty position you hold as an anonymous posting on an internet forum. lol
But you can talk dirty so you must be intelligent.

Not Miller. Nothing against him, but neither his style nor skill level (solid gatekeeper) make it a very interesting fight. If Gil doesn't get a title shot, then I'd like to see him vs. Maynard or Alvarez.

I would get pretty excited over Melendez vs. Benson. It would be a good fight which would also allow time for 155 to stabilize. Unification...makes sense.

Or I would also see if B.J. Penn wants to fight at 155 again. Penn vs. Melendez. Just because.

I think it depends on how the division is looking at the time...

If it's a bit dry then give him Bendo, if not any of the top contenders

Back